Nova's Nursery! (In Progress)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Okay, this is very bare and undecorated right now, there are tons of things I still need/want to get for her room! But we painted and have the basic furniture up, so I'm still excited about it

All of the furniture so far is from Ikea. A Gulliver crib/changing table, some Ikea dresser, and a hamper next to that. (And Jinx on the floor in front of the changing table )

Changing table (Plus Jinx again, and a giant diaper bag on the closet door from my MIL):

Crib (just the crib and a mattress, still need at least sheets, bumper, and mattress pad):

I got that little teddy bear the week I found out I was pregnant. I just needed to buy something vaguely baby-related! I slept with it for a while, and when I had a few early pregnancy freak outs, DH would bring me the bear and it would make me feel better

It's a small room, as you can see:

I'm hoping to find a nice little shelf to squeeze in between the dresser and window for toys and books. I also might swap the dresser and changing table, I'm not quite sure yet.

Our growing collection of clothing (Bonus: My growing belly on the bottom, and half of Jinx's face in the corner )

And my growing stash of diapers:

I have them set up like that for now but I'll probably end up getting some baskets to keep them in. There's no way I'm going to be folding diapers once Nova's here

So, next will come wall art! There's a big clear open wall above the dresser that is just begging for something awesome to adorn it

April 4th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats pretty much the same color we are using for our nursery too! (great minds think alike!)

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Awesome! It's such a pretty color, I love it I'm glad we went through the hassle of painting, so worth it in the end. I even thought about stealing that room for myself

April 4th, 2011, 09:21 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
So, next will come wall art! There's a big clear open wall above the dresser that is just begging for something awesome to adorn it
What about some cute black & white photos of your belly? And, maybe a newborn pic?

I love the purple you picked out and it looks great with the white furniture!
April 5th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you picked a crib bedding? you could always find some pictures that match the bedding.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 5th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I love it! Especially all the pictures of Jinx! Janna's idea for the artwork is fantastic. Yeah, on the baskets - I totally recommend that... Plus, prefolds take up less room when they are not folded!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Veteran
so pretty. love the room color. so soft and sofisticated
James Ryan
Juliana Grace
waiting to meet Grace Isabella on May 4th (induction day)

@}-,-'-

read my facbook love story help me win a wedding but voting for us here.

http://ktu.clearcontests.com/front/i...779B96BCC3877F
April 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I'm not going to get any set-type bedding. I see so many nurseries that are designed around bedding, it just seems weird to me, letting baby bedding companies design the nursery. IDK. Especially since a lot of those bedding pieces can't even actually be used, like blankets and pillows and even the bumpers aren't necessarily safe. So I'm just going with plain bedding. Sheets, a breathable bumper, and I might just get some fabric to make a simple crib skirt. Nothing fancy here, I like more minimalist styles

For the smooth wall over the dresser, I'm thinking some vinyl wall stickers, maybe black and white cherry blossoms. Something pretty that she (hopefully) won't mind once she's a little older. I do like the belly picture idea but probably not for her room - maybe for mine though

April 6th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Cute cute cute! Can't wait to see it!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 8th, 2011, 07:15 AM
looks great
December 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM
helpfull

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search