-toy box-

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM
youngmum123
Toy box…
This is something that most of us need right? To pack all the toys away so your childs room is tidy…
Would you Ruther buy one and decorate it or… buy one that’s already decorated?
Personally.. Id Ruther decorate my own.. But hubby is building it.
What would you put on it? How would you decorate your baby/childs one?
July 24th, 2006, 08:27 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I chose to paint one from the bare wood section of the local craft store. Down side is it is rather small. But I figure I could use it more as a memory box.

Here is a pic of the toy box.

The blinky is clickable!!
July 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Quote:
Well I chose to paint one from the bare wood section of the local craft store. Down side is it is rather small. But I figure I could use it more as a memory box.

[/b]

Oh, I planned on doing that too (buying it from the craft store), but they didn't have ANY decent sized ones. They only had ones smaller than the one you bought. There is an unfinished furniture store here I'm going to check out or I'm going to ask my uncle if he could build us one! (He loves doing that stuff). But your paint job is really pretty!

July 24th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I bought Benjamin a toy box from Wal-Mart -- it was a box that was in the hardware section - we stained it, varnished it and put letters spelling BEN on it and two character type stencil thingies a plane and a train. It turned out wonderful

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
July 25th, 2006, 06:24 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a toy box yet, but I have found one that I plan on getting my daughter. Its already decorated and so darn cute. If DH, my BIL or FIL would like to build her one, we would go that route though.
July 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
right now our toy box is one of those storage containers but it is a real cute light blue and green and it's got wheels on the bottom
July 25th, 2006, 08:46 PM
JOYTOTHEWORLD's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:

[/b]
Chanda, I love your toybox. Look at the details on those flowers!

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Century Gothic">MOMMA FOR OBAMA</span></div>
July 26th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
chanda, is that your nursery? it is so cute! i have a similar crib and was wondering how you keep the short sides of the bumper attached since the sides of the crib are solid wood. i used double-sided velcro but it does not work very well!

for the toybox...my mom and i repainted and decorated my old toybox! i will post a pic when i get home.
July 26th, 2006, 03:35 PM
~Helen~'s Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:

[/b]

That is lovely!!!!!!

I would love a wooden one, but never got round to getting one!!!!

I would get a plain one and dec it myself in jungle animals for a boy and faries for a girl!!!!

July 26th, 2006, 08:06 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
chanda, is that your nursery? it is so cute! i have a similar crib and was wondering how you keep the short sides of the bumper attached since the sides of the crib are solid wood. i used double-sided velcro but it does not work very well!

for the toybox...my mom and i repainted and decorated my old toybox! i will post a pic when i get home.[/b]
Getting the short sides of the bumper to stay put is hard. Right now they're just kind of pushed up against the wood ends of the sleigh bed. So they're not secure at all. But I remove the bumpers once the baby moves from the bassinet to the crib, so really they're more there for just decoration than anything else. Once I remove them, that's when the hard part comes in on trying to maneuver the breathable bumper with the solid wood sides.

This is actually just a pic of the bedding, that blue wall in the back became an accent wall. I think I posted pics of it in the nursery theme thread.

Thanks for the compliment.

The blinky is clickable!!
July 26th, 2006, 09:24 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
We dont have one yet, but I have a big wicker basket type thing with a lid on it (It's more of a cube) that has toys for Caiden in it

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

July 26th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Shellberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chanda-your toybox is cute.
I saw one at walmart that starts as something then turns into a toybox--Im thrify-so I'll go that route

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search