What is the most...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 05:53 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that you would consider spending on a nusery (furniture & decor)... lets think in reality (not if we had all the money in the world!)? If easier... lets break it down into these categories:
How much would you spend on
1. Crib=
2. Bedding=
3. Paint=
4. Dresser(s)=
5. Changing Table=
6. Bassinet/Cradle=
7. Decor=
July 26th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
that you would consider spending on a nusery (furniture & decor)... lets think in reality (not if we had all the money in the world!)? If easier... lets break it down into these categories:
1. Crib= hmmm ok $650... cause i want a babysdream crib made of solid wood that is convertible!
2. Bedding=oh gosh nothing over 250
3. Paint=50
4. Dresser(s)=if you can reuse it for a long time, i want a combo changer dresser- it turns over and makes a dresser once you are done
5. Changing Table=see above!
6. Bassinet/Cradle= we hope to co sleep for awhile, prolly use a co sleeper about $100
7. Decor=
oh gosh probably a million!! lets say 300, but in a room i dont have to redesign later you know[/b]
i'd only spend this much because they are durable and can be used up to adulthood

July 26th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Shellberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Crib= 200.00* or less, lol
2. Bedding=depends on what is out /goes with set
3. Paint= 25.00-30.00
4. Dresser(s)=* nursery in a box set
5. Changing Table=*nursery in a box set
6. Bassinet/Cradle=dont need this--will use swing, then crib
7. Decor=depends on what is out/goes with set

I am CHEAP LOL--so the paint would be the reject stuff from lowes for 5.00 a gallon
I found a nursery in a box set at walmart.com--comes with dresser, changing table & 3 in one crib-that is 175.00-198.00 -the white set is on clearance
July 27th, 2006, 06:44 AM
JOYTOTHEWORLD's Avatar Super Mommy

Since this is my first baby I'm going to splurge a bit.
1. Crib= Between $300-$600 I think I may get convertable crib that way it has more value.
2. Bedding= Under $500
3. Paint= Under $75
4. Dresser(s)=$ 499
5. Changing Table=$ 499
6. Bassinet/Cradle=under $300
7. Decor= I'm trying to keep it under $1500 - this includes glider and ottoman, armoire, chandalier closet organization stuff. wall hangings.

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Century Gothic">MOMMA FOR OBAMA</span></div>
July 28th, 2006, 09:37 AM
lashlock....... that is the crib we have! it is definitely worth it..... its so beautiful and its very sturdy/durable! my only suggestion is to not waste your money on a crib musical mobile because they do NOT fit on this crib! we got the crib onsale for $600 at USA Baby's tristmester sale... great deal!

Crib= $600 (but probably wont spend that much on the next one LOL)
Bedding= Brinlee's was $190 for the 4 piece set, but I'd spend up to $300
Paint= we spent about $30 on paint... just 1 color!
Dressers= well, I would spend about $500 on a dresser but we didn't make that purchase for Brinlee... I passed my furniture down to her from when I was a little girl... so its very special
Changing Table= probably $300-$400
Decor= I think we spent about $300 on decor for Brinlee's room... but depending on the next child's theme I would probably spend a little more (this includes decor for shelves, wall hangings, pictures, wooden letters, window treatments, rugs, etc)
July 28th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you have babysdream!! i LOVE LOVE their stuff!!
the fact that an adult can sit on the rails of the crib and its so sturdy that it will hold you up-- yep worth it for money
i heard too that the mobiles dont fit

July 28th, 2006, 11:55 AM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
1. Crib= $400
2. Bedding= $200
3. Paint= $25ish?
4. Dresser(s)= $100
5. Changing Table= $200
6. Bassinet/Cradle= $100
7. Decor= $100

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

July 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Lashlock, Babysdream has a few other collections.... but the Generation Next collection is my favorite! I fell in love with the crib and knew I had to have it... I'm so lucky we made that decision!!!!! I posted pictures of the crib under the topic about "What is the theme of your nursery" its the 2nd post in that topic...... The color of the crib is called Chestnut

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search