Does anyone use the quilt in the bedding set?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2006, 09:13 AM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard of some people using this quilt as a wall hanging but i was wondering if anyones baby sleeps with it and if not, why not? I am expecting my first, so this is all new to me .
September 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The boys both used their comforters (starting at 6 months) from their bedding set.
DD hasn't used her quilt that came with her set. It's in her little doll cradle now, lol. I don't know why I haven't used it, I just use light layering blankets on her and her pink silky she loves.
I will be using the quilt for her toddler bed though.

When babies are new & so little, to me it seems like the comforters & quilts are just so HUGE! Really, a receiving or thermal blanket works better, IMO. When they get older then it's fun to use the comforter/quilt.
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

September 13th, 2006, 12:57 PM
** Mandy **
I use it as a playmat for her or under her when she sleeps (to add a bit of padding) but not over her. I think it is too big and bulky to be used for that purpose and I would worry about her in it. I use lighter and smaller blankets on her sometimes or I just dress her more warmly if need be. There are some instances where blankets have been a hazard to babies so if I use one I usually only use it on her lower half to be safe.

September 13th, 2006, 02:47 PM
~Helen~'s Avatar Super Mommy
I used ryans quilt from when he was 12 months til he went into his bed.

September 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never used mine. It just was really thick, and by the time they were big enough to use it, they had already grown attached to their blankie.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 14th, 2006, 04:46 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand that quilts in the crib are a SIDS hazard for newborns (although fine after 1 year). I plan to hang mine on the wall with wall clips.

September 14th, 2006, 05:18 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brinlee's is used as a wall hanging, on her quilt rack. I see Brinlee's as more of a decoration, not a comforter.... but she uses a different blanket to cover up with.
September 16th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son started using his at about 6 months. Before that I used crocheted baby blankets and dressed him warmly. I was too scared to use the big comforter.

I'll probably do the same with this baby.

September 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She hasn't but will be soon (when it gets colder out). When she was just born I was worried she'd pull it over her face or something, then summer came and it was too hot.
September 25th, 2006, 05:18 PM
see_nelle_run's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Until they are older and can sit up, etc. it's safer just to use blanket sleepers,sleep sacks, or light recieving blankets to cover them up when they sleep
With DD I used to spread the quilt out on the floor so she wouldn't have to lay on the scratchy carpet. You can also use it in cold weather to put over the stroller.

Travis' birth story My Fertility Friend chart
September 25th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Cilla
I have always used the crib quilt over the stroller and carseat when going out. They only used it to actually play on when in the floor. At a year old or when they went to the toddler bed i let them use it on their own bed.
January 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
*bump* Great topic!

Yeah, I think the comforters are way to big for baby for the first year. I think they're perfect as a decoration in the nursery, to lay on the floor for baby's playtime, and/or as a stroller blanket.

Now, that my kids are older, they could use their nursery comforters. But, I wash their blankets on a weekly basis. If I did that to their comforters, they'd get all faded. I like them as a decoration.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search