Canopies/mosquito netting

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are they cute or are they tacky? I think you need to be picky and careful about which one you choose...some of the cheaper ones can look a little tacky. But if you use discretion it can be adorable! I have one in my room...and planning on getting one for the nursery.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Would you ever use one of these in the nursery?
October 27th, 2006, 10:29 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't get one. I think I have a fear of the baby playing with it and getting hurt. Even if it's tucked away from the bed.

</div>
October 27th, 2006, 02:20 PM
tiffluv's Avatar Veteran
My SIL had one and although I think they are adorable for older kids, for babies just not very practical. She ended up taking it down. I couldnt imagine having one up for very long, lol...but then again I have boys and they are like little monkeys...

<span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium">Tiffany 28
Jeff 26</span>

Me and the rugrats.
October 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Bumblebee's Avatar Veteran
I wouldn't use one. Babies could pull in into the crib, toddlers could yank it down and they also collect dust. I am more for a simple look.
October 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
I have seen them both were they were way overdone and tacky and very clean simple w/ little details that were very cute. My mother put one on my daughters crib and she never once played w/ it. She also never touched her mobile up until she was over a year old. Though my son figured out how to get his mobile down at a VERY early age. I would suggest if you use it, removing it about the age of 3-4 months before they learn to pull themselves up and can cause a hazard.

October 30th, 2006, 06:48 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
LOVE THEM.

You are going to get all sorts of replies about how they are dangerous, blah blah blah. It's annoying really because there are worse things that are more "dangerous" and besides, if you don't specify what I'm about to say in the next paragraph, you will get jumped all over.. like you're a bad mom.

If I have a girl, I'm going to use one (DISCLAIMER:>>>)and then take it down when she starts rolling over, etc. (END DISCLAIMER.)

I think they are adorable when done in taste.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

October 31st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
LOVE THEM.

You are going to get all sorts of replies about how they are dangerous, blah blah blah. It's annoying really because there are worse things that are more "dangerous" and besides, if you don't specify what I'm about to say in the next paragraph, you will get jumped all over.. like you're a bad mom.

If I have a girl, I'm going to use one (DISCLAIMER:>>>)and then take it down when she starts rolling over, etc. (END DISCLAIMER.)

I think they are adorable when done in taste.[/b]
I agree...I'm also not even planning on using her crib for a while since I'm co-sleeping for at least 6 months, so it's more for decoration right now anyways!
November 3rd, 2006, 02:33 PM
Bam&RaynedropsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
LOVE THEM.

I think they are adorable when done in taste.[/b]
I agree...I'm also not even planning on using her crib for a while since I'm co-sleeping for at least 6 months, so it's more for decoration right now anyways!
[/b]

Same here! I brought a white Tinkerbell one for my soon-to-be baby girl's crib

New *PICTURE* Siggy coming soon! =)
November 5th, 2006, 07:30 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one already. I did my little girls room is roses. So the netting just fit. But I added detailing to mine. Like a crochet beaded edge and roses at the top. I plan on taking it down when she starts rolling. And bunching it up behind the crib...Youc an see the pics in the Sept 2006 playroom in the nursery section. For some reason my computer is having problems right now getting it to paste here.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 6th, 2006, 07:14 AM
** Mandy **
Quote:
I wouldn't use one. Babies could pull in into the crib, toddlers could yank it down and they also collect dust. I am more for a simple look.[/b]
Ditto. For babies who can't yet pull them down I have read that they can be unhealthy because they trap dust. I also just think that in an emergency I wouldn't want to have to deal with it.

November 7th, 2006, 02:02 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would get one if I was decorating a little girls room, just a simple white one though. I would take it down once the baby was mobile and pulling itself up though.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search