Has anyone done murals?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are not finding out the sex of the baby, and the nursery decor stuff I have bought is fairly gender neutral - DelMar by Kidsline (see below).

Anyway, the painter is going to paint the nursery a nice shade of blue to go along with the ocean/dolphin theme. I would like to add some ocean characters (maybe from The Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo) to the walls as well to add some color.

I had thought about getting an overhead projector and making transparencies, but then someone suggested that I buy a art tracer/projector because you don't have to use transparencies, you can go straight from a book, photo, etc. Has anyone used one? Is there are particular kind that you would recommend? So far, I am leaning towards the Artograph Tracer or Tracer Jr. (click here to see), but I wanted to see if anyone else had recommendations or suggestions.

TIA!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
December 6th, 2006, 07:51 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a lady in my playroom (May 2005 Playroom) that paints murals and might be able to help you out. I believe her user name is Ashtyn's mom.
December 6th, 2006, 10:49 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I painted Snoopy on my sons wall, but I free handed it I drew a star on cardboard and used it as an outline to make them all around the room.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
jadon'smom's Avatar Super Mommy
I painted my DS's room with an underwater theme. We were building a new house & got the builder to paint the ocean blue color. Then added sharks on one wall (and going onto the ceiling so it looks like we're under them), dolphins on one wall (and on the ceiling), fish and a turtle on one wall, and an octopus in a coral cave with jellyfish above it on the last. I used an overhead to do some of the big things and then free-handed the rest. Used sponges to do the coral cave. I teach, so the projector and films were easy to get. The only problem was I had to make adjustments on my own for the parts that went on the ceiling; the change in perspective changed the shapes a little.
DS loves it (and no one else matters). Good luck.
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">ABOUT ME... Angel baby Sept. '04 ~ Angel baby April '05 ~ Angel baby July '05
</MARQUEE>
December 12th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Skrina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is my son's Finding Nemo room. I am also a mural artist so I did do it myself by freehand. If all you are wanting is some characters around the room I would look for a company that sells either stenciles or wall paper type murals. There's lots online that sell stuff like that. If you can get your hands on an overhead projector though and can transfer images to a transparency then that would be a great way to go as well. Good luck!

Edited to add: Ok, I just checked out your website and hey, we're from the same spot! I'm in Cochrane! Small world!

Devyn Louise~May 22, 2008~~Reid August~Oct 13, 2006

December 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for all the suggestions you guys, I forgot that I had posted this, otherwise I would have checked back earlier!

Quote:
Here is my son's Finding Nemo room. I am also a mural artist so I did do it myself by freehand. If all you are wanting is some characters around the room I would look for a company that sells either stenciles or wall paper type murals. There's lots online that sell stuff like that. If you can get your hands on an overhead projector though and can transfer images to a transparency then that would be a great way to go as well. Good luck!

Edited to add: Ok, I just checked out your website and hey, we're from the same spot! I'm in Cochrane! Small world![/b]
I just pm'd you - I LOVE your son's room!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
December 19th, 2006, 04:46 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michael's sells a projector that works great for stuff like this. I used to do bulletin boards, and it was a life saver to me! You can just stick a book or coloring book or picture right under it and the image is on your wall to trace. Good luck!

December 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Quote:

Edited to add: Ok, I just checked out your website and hey, we're from the same spot! I'm in Cochrane! Small world![/b]
im just lookin around for ideas, on my lil girls room for when we moves next year, i just had to comment, you have such tallent! I wish I could do something like that!!
January 13th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i just had to comment, you have such tallent! I wish I could do something like that!![/b]
January 17th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
Quote:

WOW those are amazing! Great job! You truly are talented.

January 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
DZErika's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did a mural... Well worth the money!

January 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
We did a mural... Well worth the money!

[/b]
I love that, esp. the closet! Very nice!
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search