Decorating the nursery don'ts

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2007, 05:27 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
You should start a top 10 things not to do thread for people to read and add too. My son is only a week old and so far I havent had a problem. but Im sure there are many things I will regret putting in the room

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Skrina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya, but it's all in fun and it's changeable! If you're like me you'll want to change it even before your child does! Or if it's your first, maybe they'll be moving into a new room and the second baby will get the same nursery as the first. For first time moms the nursery is such an important thing. Ya, the baby won't care, but we do!

Devyn Louise~May 22, 2008~~Reid August~Oct 13, 2006

January 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kids can puke down the wall behind the crib - NEVER use flat paint.

January 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
Hi, jumping in from the Nov 2005 PR....I just discovered this forum today. Love all the nurseries. Its so much fun to see how everyone has decorated their special room and how much love and effort has gone into them. Great job ladies and enjoy the nursery to its fullest. My baby is 14 months and I still love spending time with him in his room. Anyway heres a major dont...
-Dont use white bedding or atleast white sheets cause they will stain and its very hard to get them out. I have 2 sets for Jehan's room...a plain yellow sheet which is stained and although it doesnt show all that much its still visible to me. Im sure white would have looked a lot worse. Actually my SIL has white crib sheets and they look terrible. The printed toile sheet looks fine though. Cant see anything on it. I used a white bumper which is thankfully fine so no issues there.

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to let you know.

January 19th, 2007, 07:57 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board everyone!
January 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Bumblebee's Avatar Veteran
So I guess:
Use semi-glossy paint, patterned sheets, no white, don't spend tons of money on a perfect matchy matchy set because it wont stay that way.

Ok, I will add, don't place the bed by the window or heat/cooling registers. Windows can be cold or hot and registers can be drying.

Don't hang curtains or bug nets places where crawling babies can pull them.

Don't paint everything pink, because there will be enough pink no matter what. I love brighter jewel tone type colors, because they help balance out all the baby pinks and blues.
January 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Bumblebee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Something I really like and looking into for my sons new room is the chalkboard paint. I am looking into painting the bottom half of two walls in his new room witht he chalkboard paint. My son will be four in May.[/b]
I love this idea, but have always wondered where the dust from the chalk goes. Even with "dustless" chalk, there is dust. Hmm. I would do it in a play area or garage wall where kids play, or in a play house. Somewhere where there isn't carpet.
January 29th, 2007, 06:14 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I wanted to use chalkboard paint.. but then I thought maybe its a bad idea cuz you dont want your child to think writing on the walls is okay, if he does it in other rooms. But if he knows better, then I think thats the coolest room ever!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
*bump*

Good thread topic!

When decorating the nursery, don't have it so full of furniture that you don't have plenty of room for a bookcase of books and at least one toybox of toys! You forget about those kinds of things for a newborn, but by toddlerhood you'll need them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search