Paint Color, how did you decide?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2007, 03:02 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
When you decided on the color to paint your nursery, what inpired that decision?

I painted my nursery a blueish color because... I had bought the paint to paint my own room and never did. It ended up being perfect for the theme, which we used Baby Snoopy.

We used baby snoopy so we could start the nursery early before we knew if it was a girl or a boy. And I think it turned out cute!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 15th, 2007, 05:27 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was pregnant with Brinlee, I had originally planned to paint her room 2 colors, the top half would be pink and the lower half a sage green. Well, her crib bedding was so colorful that we went with a nice tan instead, to kind of calm everything down. We added wall hangings and a boarder to spice things up a bit.

We just re-decorated Brinlee room for her "toddler" room. We used the Samantha collection from Pottery Barn Kids for her new bedding. I chose to paint Brinlee's room a nice springish green color (same as in the bedding) and the decorate with purples (and a little of the green). It looks great
January 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gathered pics and samples of everything that I planned on putting in the room in a folder, and then layed everything out onto the floor, and pulled the paint colors from the fabrics and wall paper (which I then decided just to paint on the wall with the same design myself since the wall paper was on back order for what seemed like forever.)

I would say that the 1st step in the whole process was my fabric selection. From there the room just kind of led itself.

The room ended up being painted pink with the fabrics being primarly white in different textures and accented with pink flowers. Shelves, piping on the bedding, and picture mattings were sage that was also pulled from the floral details on the fabrics.

The blinky is clickable!!
January 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Layla, the room used to be our guest room so it was already a soft yellow. I love it so decided to keep it no matter what the baby's sex. Her toddler bedding is Daisy Garden from Pottery Barn and it will match that perfectly as well. I love yellows and I think it goes with most anything that has a little yellow in the bedding. Right now her bedding is Strawberry Patch from PBK.
My son Sam's room was a light cream color called "antique lace". Can't believe I still remember that, lol!
It's apple green now.
My oldest son jake's room was white as a baby (lived in an apartment) but a soft slate blue when we moved to a house. It's still blue today, but a different shade.

Erica, Brinlee's room sounds beautiful! You need to post some pics! Is she in her toddler bed yet or still crib?
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

January 16th, 2007, 04:30 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sherry, you're right... I do need to post pictures, I will do that in the next couple of days! She is still in her crib for the time being... probably for a few more months.
January 16th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I always chose the paint color based on the theme and bedding that I chose. I would just pick a color from the bedding or wallpaper border and would take it to the store and have them match it. I am not good on picking colors just out of the little chips that they have.
January 17th, 2007, 02:22 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Everyone's rooms sound beautiful! Please post some pics! There is a link to mine in my sig.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
When I fell in love with the crib bedding set thats when I knew what colors I wanted to do the nursery in. Jehan's room is a pale yellow and a very light blue. His crib bedding is from Potterybarn and its their blue and yellow toile collection. I love it and it looks perfect even though its a boys nursery. Also I wanted to add a little bit of umph to the room so I added a nice red rocker and a little red accents like that around the room and it all kinda came together.

January 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM
i didnt get to pain Davy's room because we live in military base housing
but we chose classic mickey because we both love disney and I used to collect mickey when i was younger so i have a ton of collectables stored away at my parents house that hopefuly when we move back to the east coast I will be able to get for Davy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search