Themes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2007, 01:39 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you like flowers, buterflies teddy bears, bunnies, cars, animals, trains etc?

What is your top favorite theme for a boy room and a girl room?
January 21st, 2007, 08:11 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh I love so many themes that I really would have a hard time deciding myself. I decorated my 1st nursery when we didn't know the sex, so I setteled for a ducky theme and bedding. But with my girl I knew I had to go all pink with flowers and pretty little details.....poor thing, guess that's what happens when you have two boys in a row.

The blinky is clickable!!
January 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
i had a hard time finding a theme because i like so many!

I would have loved to do a surfer style theme!!, my SO loves sports but we didnt want to push it at such an early age and all the sports ones i found that i could afford had teddy bears or such with it and i didnt want something too childish.

We went with jungle because it was something that i could adapt with him as he got older

For girls i found an awesome tropical/hawaiian themed set at Pottery barn kids that is gorgeous, but again i feel that i would have choosen something that you could use as they grow

i dont like a lot of 'character' themes but there are a few i've seen that i LOVE!

i didnt want to 'overdo' his room then cost a lot of money to redo when he was older and didnt like the same stuff that i picked out.
January 24th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well for #1 we did hey diddle diddle
For #2 we did airplanes (light blue and green)

But I am going to put them in the same room and I am doing a cowboy/western theme

Someday if I ever have a girl you better belive it is going to be pink pink pink and more pink with as much ribbon and lace as I can find lol!

January 25th, 2007, 04:33 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
For my son, I did a Baby Snoopy theme with some Moon and stars added in. Pics in sig.

If I would have seen the Turtle Bay bedding by CoCaLo I would have done an underwater theme for him.

For a girl I love the KoKo bedding by Kidsline. Anything Pink and classy. I like the victorian and princess themes. Both the bedding I mentioned can be found on Baby universe.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 25th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Bumblebee's Avatar Veteran
I am not planning to do a theme when the time comes other than colors and antique looking stuffed animals. I want deep blues, raspberry if it's a girl, grass green and maybe a rich golden yellow. The walls can stay antique white but I would like to paint one the dark blue color. The doors are white, with pine looking trim, so I would like pine or white furniture and shelves on the walls. I hope my time comes soon! The animals that I have collected all have a retro, antique, home made look to them. Not Victorian- but funky.
January 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For boys, I like classy things- airplanes, vintage cars...nothing cutesy or characters.
Well-matched colors also work, such as shades of blue, green, etc.
For girls, I like feminine, soft & pretty. Flowers are my favorite. No hearts or anything loud really.
Just colors are fine too- blues, yellow, greens, pinks.
Not too cutesy or frilly either like a ton of lace or anything...
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search