We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Tell us about 3 money saving ideas or space saving ideas when it comes to the nursery!!!!!
1. If you don't want to spend money on a diaper pail, just save your grocery sacks and tie the dirty diapers up in one before you throw it in the trash. It keep your trash (and home) from smelling like a dirty diaper!
2. If the nursery is small, you can save space by using a the closet for clothes instead of a dresser. Then you could purchase a small changing table.
3. Use the quilt from the baby bedding as a wall decoration. You can hang it from a quilt rack or buy decorative clips to hang it from. It adds some color to the walls and it is an item that you've already purchased!
1. You could just buy the dust ruffel and the sheets for the crib.
2. Don't be afraid to recycle items. Instead of buying a glider or rocker, I found an older oak rocker that I spray painted white and added pads.
3. Decorate with things around your house already...I used my son's baptism gowns and various keepsakes we got.
Oh yeah one more- I couldn't afford a accent floor rug for her room. So I just bought a faux fur throw that I found at an outlet store for 15.00, added frindge that I bought with a 40% off coupon at the fabric strore, and added a non-slip pad under the throw to add weight.
1. Hampers are expensive! My mom used metal pieces, looks like it used to be a shelf... Im not sure. I will find out.. but she covered it with a shower curtain (its blue) and made a little flap to go over the top. She then put a net bag inside. So when Stone's hamper is full, I just pull the bag out and take it to the laundry room. If anyone's interested I will ask her exactly how she did it and post pics. It looks like a hamper from walmart, I swear.
2. I made a valance out of snoopy material for STones room, but then a valance came with the bedding my mom bought. Instead of getting rid of it, I put a string through the part where the rod goes and tied it around my diaper genie. It looks like an authentic cover!
3. I went to walmart to get a swaddle blanket... didnt have none. So instead I bought velcro and made my own! Actually I made 5 of them. They are greatttttttttttt for bedtime for baby. If your interested I will let you know how its done. It took 2 pieces of iron on velcro. Totally worth it.