Homemade verses Storebought.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
There are alot of things for the nursery that can be homemade instead of storebought.

Like my mom made my hamper out of metal and a shower curtain.

My diaper genie cover is a valance I made myself.

I have 3 pictures on the wall that are shadow boxes my mom made. She printed images offline. (pics in sig, click on Stone's nursery)

I got a changing pad for my table from my best friend (her table was metal and was old.) my mom made a cover for it out of snoopy material.

I have a organizer that I saw online and my mom made me one with snoopy on it. I've got it hangin on the crib.. the pacifers in the top pocket are lifesavers.

I painted the mural on the wall. I painted the fan blades with glow in the dark paint.. its awesome in the dark and Stone already likes ceiling fans, so I know he'll love his when he's sleepin in his own room.

I've got a fleece blanket with frogs on it that my sister made. Its great to cover up with when your rockin the baby at 2am!

I made 5-6 swaddle me blankets with iron on velcro.

I was given a heart shaped table that I painted with moons and clouds. It sits by the rocker so I can put bottles and such on it.

I loved the name thing where you hang your babys name on wall with wood letters. I bought the letters at walmart and painted my own to go with the theme of the room.

And I scrapbook. I will be posting some of his scrapbook stuff eventually.

Other things I bought that I am glad I did (or someone did) are my diaper genie, packnplay, take along swing, bouncy seat, changing table, extra dresser (this boy has alot of clothes), and bathtub.

Almost all of the things i mentioned can be found on my nursery page which is in my sig.

What are some things you made yourself?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 30th, 2007, 07:16 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only thing in dd's room that we made was her shadowbox with the name letters in it.
Dh made the frame and back out of wood & painted it and I bought the letters at KMart and spread clear glitter glue over them to make them sparkly.

Dh is really good at making things out of wood and he just made our headboard and is in the process of making Sam a twin size bunk/loft bed. I'll post pics when it's done.

I'm also having him make Layla a wooden book rack (like a magazine rack) to anchor on her one wall, down low.
That way she doesn't need a bookcase (esp. since her room is small) it won't take up space and I am going to paint it. This won't be until we re-do her room, possibly this summer.
Here is what it looks like only these are tall...hers would only be like 2 shelves high and painted white or shades of pink on a smaller scale...

Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

January 30th, 2007, 08:59 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made pretty much everything...

The bedding, curtains, rug, the poems on the wall I just printed off the interent and decoupaged the mattes with a rose pattern and painted the frames. I made a growth chart, signs that I handpainted. The toy box was bought from Michaels that I painted. The netting over the crib is a cheap one off ebay that I embellished. I even made the embellishments for the lamps. I bought the shelves from Michaels and painted those too.

Things I purchased, chandellier, changing pad cover, mirror, silk plant, three hangings (that I still painted and altered)...and of course all the furniture (crib, dresser and changing dresser/table) were purchased.

The blinky is clickable!!
January 30th, 2007, 12:31 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything in Brinlee's roomis store bought, but I did paint the letters for her name myself. I've ordered a couple paintings for her room that are handpainted, but I didn't do them so I don't count that as homemade.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search