For New Moms. What do you want in your nursery?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I have found that some of the things I wanted weren't things I needed. I'm only been a mom for a month now. But I'm sure there are things baby doesnt need. So far I'm good. He loves his mobile so I am glad I got that. The diaper genie is great!! Having a rocker in the room is great as well as a tv. I know you think the baby doesn need tv, but momma likes it at 6am when shes rockin lol. Also a cd player works wonders when baby needs to be soothed to sleep.

What do you think you need in your nursery? Practical and decoration?

Quote:
I have found that some of the things I wanted weren't things I needed. I'm only been a mom for a month now. But I'm sure there are things baby doesnt need. So far I'm good. He loves his mobile so I am glad I got that. The diaper genie is great!! Having a rocker in the room is great as well as a tv. I know you think the baby doesn need tv, but momma likes it at 6am when shes rockin lol. Also a cd player works wonders when baby needs to be soothed to sleep.

What do you think you need in your nursery? Practical and decoration?[/b]

Also the organizer my mom made.. Ihave it attached to the crib... its great. I put pacifers in the top pocket great when you forget to bring one in and he's napping.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 5th, 2007, 11:33 AM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
I love my glider!
im glad we got a boppy, it had many uses
diaper genie was waste and sits in the closet
diaper warmer was good at first now i dont have time to mess with it
i dont use the comforter in bed but i use it for a wall hanging
im glad i got the crib bumpers to keep his little hands and feet inside the crib
i wish i would have gotten a mobile because he loved to look at things and was very observant
February 8th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Joni927's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first so I have no clue! The CD player sounds like a great idea. I know I want one of those wipie warmers!

Thank you so much, Jessica "dettmer26", for the beautiful siggie!

</div>
February 10th, 2007, 02:34 PM
TwiztidBlood's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to TwiztidBlood Send a message via MSN to TwiztidBlood Send a message via Yahoo to TwiztidBlood
im not a mom yet and we'll be sharing a room with baby for the first year, so the things weve chosen are a 3-1 playpen set. so it can be used for the bassinet and change table and the play pen. and a mobile to attach to it. and we wont be getting a change table because everyone ive known has never used it.
i want storage items to keep things for baby. and the playpen we chose has storage for diapers etc.
February 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Veteran
I love his pack n play, thats in our bedroom
I thought I needed a changing table but I ended up just attaching a pad to a lower dresser
wipes warmer was a waste of money I haven't even taken it out of the box
diaper stacker is nice
He doesn't sleep in his crib in his room yet, but loves to lay in his crib and look at his mobile

February 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
This is my first baby but what I plan to have in the nursery is:

The crib of course
A dresser
A Tv
Baby Monitor
Diaper Genie
A Rocking Chair
A Rug
& I'm sure there is more, I just cant think of it right now
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
February 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
The diaper genie had worked great for me, but others hate it

A changing table is great/ Mine is a top a dresser. My husband will only change the baby on the changing table cuz he's tall and table fits him. I however will change the baby on the couch if its closer. The mobile is great, STone loves to watch his mobile before his nap. ( I put him in the crib for naps during the day, even though he sleeps in the cradle, that way he gets used to it for when he goes there to sleep at night_

The diaper wipe wormer is something I wanted too, but I read online here on this board that the warmer can be a nuisance. If you change your baby at home and he gets the warmer he expexts the wipe to be warm all the time. So if you have to change him at someone else's house or at a store, its nor warm and he/she will scream so they are not used to it. I opted for not having the warmer because of that issue. Do as you wish ofcorse. Just think about that warning.

The rug is a great idea, I've learned the hard way cuz my dog started marking territory in the babys room.. so I'm shampooing alot.... So if you have pets, this is a must.

having a table beside the rocker in the nursery is great. Leeat the 2 bottles DH leaves on it for me every mornign prooves that to me...lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search