Glider/Ottoman

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2007, 05:42 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Would you say it is a must have for a nursery? Or if the room is too small just a big and bulky item?

I have a rocker in there (should be lighter to match - maybe i should just get a new rocker?)

Opinions?

Old Fashion Rocker or Glider/Otto?
February 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would NOT say its a must have, but they are handy. However, we didn't buy one for Brinlee's room. We have a rocking chair in our livingroom and we used it when feeding/rocking Brinlee (and its always been in the livingroom). I honestly don't know where I'd put a rocker in her room, not enough room! With her crib and 2 dressers, not much room left over.
February 3rd, 2007, 06:07 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is what I was thinking. There realy isn't "enough" room but I could make it work as long as I do not get a changing table. Never had one before but kind of liking the idea of getting one. So this is my dilemia.

The rocker also has no where to go in the livingroom because of the swing and the soon to come fish tank.
February 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
IMO, I'd rather have a changing table than a rocker/glider in the nursery. But then again, you don't have room for it in the livingroom either. Hmm.... this is a tough decision!
February 3rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we have the same glider (but no ottoman) that my dad bought me when I had Jake. I've always just put it in the corner of the baby's room. Even Layla's room which is quite small, it's in there now.
However, we when re-do her room it's coming out. That area is going ot have her bookrack on the wall, a childs rocker (mine from when I was little) and my old wooden doll cradle for her babies.
I'm not sure what we're going to do with the glider, there's really no room for it anywhere else.

I always used the regular rocking recliner we have in the living room to feed her. Quite honestly, I didn't use the glider NEAR as much with Layla as I did with the boys. I think that's because I wasn't getting up in the night to feed her since I breastfed for a year and co-slept for 7 months. By then she was sleeping through the night anyway. So didn't use it all that much.

As for the changing table, I think they're nice. Layla's is a combo dresser/changing table. Because her room is small there wasn't room for 2 separate pieces of furniture. When we were done with the changing part, I just took off the pad, now it's a regular dresser.

I might pick the changing table over the rocker. But again, if you don't have anywhere else for the rocker, a changing table isn't a necessity, imo. It's just as easy to use a bed, lol. I'd say maybe just get a new glider if you want something new and maybe your mom or someone could take the old rocker?
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

February 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I have a rocker in STone's room, no ottoman though. Like Erica said, not a must have but would be nice.

A changing table in the room is nice. DH wont change Stone on nothing but the changing table. He has a bad back so its easier for him to not have to bent over alot. I find it easier for me, just cuz I've got all the supplies at reach. I do however change him on the couch occasionally.

You're getting a fish tank??? Ooooh what size? What are you putting in it? I have 6 tanks. We love the fishes here at my house. lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 5th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hehe I'm the opposite of Erica - I'd rather have the glider/otto than the change table...but I don't have kids yet!

Basically, for about $30, you can get a change table attachment thingy that goes on your dresser, and then you have a 2-in-one.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
February 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
bootyqueen's Avatar Veteran
I would rather have a glider, but if we already had a rocker, I wouldn't complain... If you're in the market for glider/ottomans, Costco has them on sale right now on the website... Like $399 and there's a few nice colors.... (I'm in Canada so they're probably cheaper in the US)

</a>

<span style="color:#008000">"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain"
-Louisa May Alcott</span>
February 9th, 2007, 09:18 PM
supermommyof3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to supermommyof3 Send a message via MSN to supermommyof3
we live in a single wide trailer and the rooms are kinda on the small side....espically the baby nursery.

I have never feed any of my kids in the bedroom so there was no need of one in there. I always feed them out in the living room where i have a nice comfy rocking chair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search