Convertible Cribs?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Mrs. Mustin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in from the August DDC. I posted this there too, but I was wondering what you ladies thought!

My DH and I are thinking about buying a crib this month because one we like is on sale, and it takes 12 weeks to get here. The crib is the kind that makes into a toddler bed and then into a full sized bed.

My question is, has anyone bought a convertible crib before? What do you think about them? Will you use them until they move out of the house? Are they worth it?

Thanks for your comments and opinions!
Me (Dawn) 30, DH 34, Jackson Christopher 4, Jacob David 2, Baby #3 Alice Annmarie C-Section on 8/24

February 11th, 2007, 08:35 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a convertible crib....... I think it is 99999.99999% worth it. I'd say go for it!!!!!!!
February 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have one. The problem here is I have had all of my little ones so close that my crib kind of has a revolving door. So by the time one child is old enough to use the toddler bed, I have another one that needs the crib. So I probally wouldn't have gotten any use out of it until my daughter now got to toddler size, or I would have had to purchase a new one. Oh well- I guess the posititve side of this is I certainly got my moneys worth out of my crib.

The blinky is clickable!!
February 12th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the premise behind them. The only reason we chose not to get one is because the side didn't come down (like a normal crib). The front is typically lower to accommodate this, but I have really short legs, and my mom commented on how difficult it would be for me to change the sheets without being able to put the side down.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
February 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacquie, some convertible cribs to have a drop gate. Here is the link the Brinlee's crib, it has a drop gate. The crib is pricey, but it is beautiful... sturdy... and well worth it!!!

http://www.babysdream.com/Products/Generat...ext/Default.htm

There are also other convertible cribs with the drop gate that are cheaper, sold at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target & Baby Depot. They have more of the standard drop gate.
February 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Mrs. Mustin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the imput! DH and I are still looking for cribs, and I think we're going to get a convertible one!
Me (Dawn) 30, DH 34, Jackson Christopher 4, Jacob David 2, Baby #3 Alice Annmarie C-Section on 8/24

February 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
asianmama
we would have gotten one-- stupid me... buy a 300-400 dollar crib and its just a regular crib! o i kick myself in the butt sometimes.-- my daughter is still in it my son is in the pack and play... we bought a nice toddler bed--50 dollars shipping inculded from walmart-- so when we switch dd to the toddler bed -alex will go in the crib..
February 15th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I bought one on sale at target. less than $200. Its by the heritage line. My son was born 1/5/07 so I dont know if its worth it quite yet, but I think it is! The rail does drop down and it turns in to a full siz headboard as well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
michelle3517's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to michelle3517
My friend has one, and swears by hers. Her crib also has a drop down side. I am getting one because it just seems easier for us to convert it into a toddler bed when the time comes then going out and buying one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search