need help with this room! * updated*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2007, 10:53 AM
ilovemy3wikids
Hi everyone! I just got this set on e-bay brand new for Haileys room. We are renting here and can't paint the walls We got the comforter, pillow sham and dust ruffle coming, that is what you get with the set. She loves the purples and pinks and I am looking for a way to add some more to her room and have it go with the set! I'm not sure what to do though I can't sew so it needs to be other things. I really want to brighten up her room. She loves butterflys and flowers. Any opinions on things I can make/buy to go with the bed set to make it a beautiful room for a 6 yr old ( well will be 6 march 9th!)

Thanks!

ok this set is still beautiful only a little lighter then what was pictured so I am working with a soft lavender. Anyway I found and ordered this boader today, WDYT?

February 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a local Wal-Mart? I would try going to local stores and see what type of wall decorations you can find to put on her walls. Also, another idea is that you can buy curtains (long ones) and put up curtain rods along one wall, then hang up the curtains (even if there are no windwos LOL) and it will give it a lot more color (since you can't paint). Maybe you could also get a small rug to put in her room, colored lamp, vases with artificial flowers, etc.
February 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I seen some really cute window sheers with appliquéd butterfly's on them at pottery barn kids online. I think they were like 30 bucks. That with a purple curtain over them would look really cute and dress up the place. I'm renting also right now and trying to get a nursery together for my son and because I can't paint I've been trying to find little wall paper cutouts or something similar to wall paper to dress up the room. If you google it you can find tuns of things like that and from what I've read they are easy to get off the walls. You can put butterflies and all kinds of things on the walls that way.
February 12th, 2007, 07:26 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree to dress it up with curtains or fabric along the walls.

For my 1st nursery I copied pages of little ducks out of books and framed them in poster board size frames that were matted. So it filled the wall more.

Also I don't know how comfortable you are with paint...but at Michaels they have some wooden butterflies that are more 3 dimensional. They are about 3-4 inches long. You could paint those with acrylic paint and either adorn shelves or put them in a shadow box. They also a couple of years ago (so I don't know if they are still there) had in the kids section a kit to make fabric butterflies. Those you could hang from the ceiling.

And rugs will amazingly dress up any room and add color.

have fun, and post pics when you're done if you have a chance.

The blinky is clickable!!
February 12th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Joni927's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are all great ideas! I would also get picture frames at the dollar store and paint them the purple and hot pink that are in the bedding and hang them around. You can also get small white shelving units at Walmart or Target and either paint the shelves Hot pink and purple or put contact paper on them to color the shelving. Good luck!

Thank you so much, Jessica "dettmer26", for the beautiful siggie!

</div>
February 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are lucky, flowers & butterflies are some of the easiest things to find!
This butterfly curtain rod is at walmart.com for btw. $12-$14 ( i got my dd the pink flower one).

I think it would look pretty with a light purple roman shade (kind that ties up) or curtains. (not a fan of the curtains that match the bedding)
You could use a hot pink rug like they have shown.
Target has the neatest stuff--I'm sure you could find things there. They have great shelves, lamps, those wall stickers (they'll peel off), switchplate cover, wicker baskets for storage...bet you'd find a bunch of stuff.
You could also frame some of her artwork or have her make/paint a few pictures for her new room and you could get pretty frames for on the wall.

Good luck to you, I'd love to see it when you're finished!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

February 14th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When we lived in apartments when I was younger, my mom always did "padded walls"... Really, all it is is buying fabric or sheets in the color you want (she usually went with the fake satin), stapling some quilt batting to the walls, then laying the fabric over top, using upholstery nails and buttons to "quilt" the wall.

Then she'd use a different color and make a drop-gathered ceiling (think a Middle Eastern movie scene in the harem room). It always turned out pretty cool looking.

They also have those wall stickers at craft stores (they have em at the Dollar Tree here too!), in our last apartment we couldn't paint, so I found stars in the colors I was using and put them all along the walls.
February 15th, 2007, 05:39 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
You are inluck! The theme of the week is butterfllies. So I'd check there! I'm gonna go search for stuff now and Iwill post it under the theme!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 16th, 2007, 09:34 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try Yellow. It's a very perky color and will bring on creativity. Yellow is used in most grade schools for this reason. I would try hanging yellow fabric or curtians on one wall.

</div>
February 18th, 2007, 12:41 PM
tabitwhe's Avatar Super Mommy
For my little girls room I bought some of the butterflies that are made out of the hosery type material. I think I got them at my local dollar store but if you have a Hobby Lobby near year they are putting spring stuff out and have great colors. They have flowers that are yard decorations but you could just take the sticks off them and hang them on the wall (I've done that to)Just think out of the box!!!!!!

The curtains or sheets along one wall is a great idea. Its a good way to add more color!!!! Ive done the padded wall to. Although its not as easy to do as curtains they 2 different ways give totally different looks. Ad if you cant find sheets that match try getting plain white and using RIT dye to make the color you want.
February 19th, 2007, 07:28 PM
ilovemy3wikids
updated with my 1st desision LOL!
February 21st, 2007, 02:52 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
updated with my 1st desision LOL![/b]

Loveeeeeeeeee it!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search