alternative ways for putting up borders?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I rent an apartment and am not allowed to do anything to the walls. That said, I would love to put up a border on the wall - anyone know of any creative ways to go about doing this that would not make it permanent (special tape, etc) that wouldn't make it look horrible?

btw, this is the set I am looking at: http://www.nurserydepot.com/cribbedding/pr...98-0-0-0-0&
February 19th, 2007, 06:04 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
First what color is the wall...
and you cant paint it ... can you put border up, it can be tanke down.

If it the kind you can't pull off... you can use appliques. You can also paint as long as you paint over when you leave/

Also you can wallpaper, it can be taken down easily.

What is your theme?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 20th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just have white walls. We were told we weren't allowed to paint - even if we put it back to its original color before we leave. I was also told that it can be really hard to get wall borders off? That makes me nervous if we were to move because moving is so hard by itself without having to worry about restoring walls. Is there some kind of alternative glue or tape I could put on the back of the border to put it up with that would come off super easy?

The theme is in that link I attached in the first post...

thanks!
February 20th, 2007, 05:58 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just skip the wallborder and go with paintings/pictures (wall art) to hang on the wall. I think it will be a lot easier in the end.
February 20th, 2007, 07:09 AM
DaleT's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I would just skip the wallborder and go with paintings/pictures (wall art) to hang on the wall. I think it will be a lot easier in the end.[/b]
Yeah that !!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE your bedding set !!!!!

I think it would look just as great (or even better) without the border.....since it already is very colorful....

That's what I'm going to do (also live in a rental) and will just put up pics or decals (re-usables) so it won't be too crowded.....

Don't forget to show pics when you're done !!!!!!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>

I've been Ho-Ho-Ho’ed....by Linzi

My wish for 2010....

February 20th, 2007, 07:45 AM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At Walmart they have these borders that are removable-no glue, no tape etc. We were going to use them because we are renting to, but now we are moving so we aren't worry about that. Try having a look around at specialty stores that deal with borders/paint/etc.

February 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to suggest the already sticky border as well. We used one in my oldest son's nursery in an apartment and it was like a giant sticker, peeled off no problems.
Or just the wallies.
Otherwise, I would just use pictures and peg hooks, other deco.'s like that.
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

February 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As long as the walls are not plaster or heavy textured, double stick tape should hold decently. It's just clear tape that is sticky on both sides. I'd place it on the border itself then be sure to pencil mark the straight line on the wall. You should be able to stick it up easily. Space one inch strips about every six inches on the border at the top and offset on the bottom.

</div>
February 23rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
asianmama
http://babybungalow.com/sahode.html

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search