Help! I'm stuck! Any suggestions welcome

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2007, 05:57 AM
melliemama
Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but I figured this would be a good place to get suggestions. I'm due July 30 and I'm having a surprise. Yay! I fell in love with this bedding from Target. I love elephants, and would like to paint the same shape of elephants around the room. I'd also like to have it be a green and brown room, and I'll probably use dark colored furniture.

Other than that, I'm lost. I can't get a good picture of it in my mind. Plus there aren't many accessories that come with this set, so I'm unsure of where to look and find things that go with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
March 16th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but I figured this would be a good place to get suggestions. I'm due July 30 and I'm having a surprise. Yay! I fell in love with this bedding from Target. I love elephants, and would like to paint the same shape of elephants around the room. I'd also like to have it be a green and brown room, and I'll probably use dark colored furniture.

Other than that, I'm lost. I can't get a good picture of it in my mind. Plus there aren't many accessories that come with this set, so I'm unsure of where to look and find things that go with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?[/b]

What about a green lamp with a brown lamp shade or vis versa

March 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
i like that bedding! we looked at it for my son's room

it is a good choice for either boy or girl and i think it would be adorable

Use white shelves to offset the dark furniture

Use the white letters for the name to pull more white

you could use mint greens or light browns

How big is your room? What is the layout?
March 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Regular
Quote:

Other than that, I'm lost. I can't get a good picture of it in my mind. Plus there aren't many accessories that come with this set, so I'm unsure of where to look and find things that go with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?[/b]

You could paint green and white stripes on the walls with thin brown accent stripes between each stripe. . and then hang big white letters on the wall with brown ribbon. www.toilebaby.com has the wooden name letters on sale for $29 for an entire name. .

The white shelves someone suggested on the wall would be really cute too

Just an idea.
March 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Super Mommy
Not sure if you're looking for this kind of idea, but I was thinking it could be cute to frame a set of prints from books like either Dumbo, Babar, or other "classic" elephant.

I love the colors you are choosing. I think it would be cute to somehow even incorporate a little bit of African Savanna type looks with green plants or even painting the shapes of the trees, plants, etc. on the wall. If you were the artistic type or know someone who is, I think an African savanna themed mural would add a lot to the room, since there really aren't a lot of accessories to go with it.

Find some cute coordinating rugs for the floor to spice things up.
March 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
I love that bedding set. Then again I love elephants. The ladies above gave alot of good ideas. I think it would be cool to try and get the same color paint as that bedding and then do one half one color the other half another color, also what about wall stickers.
March 17th, 2007, 07:39 AM
melliemama
Thanks so much ladies for your help! I love all the ideas. Someone asked how big the room is, and it's somewhere around 12 X 13.

For right now I really want to just stay with elephants and do more of a modern thing with the room (not too modern) and steer away from a safari type theme. I love the idea of the stripes, but I also had the idea of painting a boarder halfway up the wall with a simple elephant sillouette. And have something like every 5th one be brown.

I love the idea of having the pictures of dumbo and babar. I LOVED both of those as a kid.

So thanks so much for all the ideas. I'll have to post pictures when it's completed.
March 17th, 2007, 12:40 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since the bedding has a little polka dots as well, you could paint the wall green and add different size white circles on the wall. Or vice versa. I would stick with dark wood or a dark paint color to match the wood for shelves since probally most of the accents you place in the room will probally be light as well.

Good luck!

The blinky is clickable!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search