my baby boy will have to share his stepsister's room...any ideas?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we have a 2 bedroom condo. my 5 yr old stepdaughter has a full size bed, small tv, and a barbie house. not much room for anything else in there, it's so small. when i found out we were having a boy, i had no idea what to do. i figure he'll be in our room for a while anyway, but i'm going to trade the full size bed with a twin my parents have in their spare bedroom, that will make a little more room. but i don't know how to decorate half the room for the baby....i don't like "boy" stuff...no dinosaurs, teddy bears, etc. i want neutral in case we do have a girl after this...i like black and white toile (the print with old fashion boys and girls on it) and i think i would like to get a mini crib so the crib and changing table should fit against one wall. but the room is so small....ideas anyone?
March 30th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you have a good idea
and the black and white Toile is really cute ( I have seen it before )

The only thing I would say is you really dont need the chaning table.
I dont think I have used mine for either of my children. * since you dont really have the space for it anyways. JMO

Hope it all works out for you

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
March 30th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think taht is such a cute idea they also have blue and pink toile so each can have thier own color but I love the balck it is very elegant.

March 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is really gender neatrual and will give you some color(if thats what you want)

April 1st, 2007, 06:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my mom suggested i just do the whole room in b&w toile so i don't have to worry about the half boy half girl thing. i kinda had a hot pink theme in her room now, but maybe i'll just keep some pink accents on her side and some green or something on the baby's side. i'm not really into blue....my mom volunteered to make the crib bedding when we saw how much it costs!
April 1st, 2007, 08:44 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
It's a great idea to have your mom make it, but i've seen two fairly cheap sets go on ebay recently. They start out at 99 cents with $20 shipping and i've seen them go for as cheap as $20, which is only $40 total! and I believe they are both 9 or 10 piece sets!! Here are two pics of two diff sets, try searching under black toile under baby on ebay.. hope this helps!

Quote:
This is really gender neatrual and will give you some color(if thats what you want)

[/b]

April 2nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am soo glad you posted this! I am not pregnant yet (or atleast i wont know if I am until I test on the 5th hehe). We were going to move cross country but my husband decided he wanted to try and stay here. With it being so expensive, the only thing we can afford is a slightly bigger condo, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. That being said, I was scared at the idea of a future baby being a boy and having to share Dakota's room!

But these ladies have great ideas! You can pick gender neutral colors but each have their own patterns.

Only problem I have is that everything Dakota has is brand spankin new, and ALL girl colors.... not sure how that would work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search