Clouds

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2007, 11:33 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Hi everyone. I want to try and paint clouds on the nursery room walls. The main wall color is a light blue and I think the clouds will make it look like the sky. I keep researching how to paint clouds on the walls but I'm not sure whether the method I've found will work.

1. Get several different poster boards and cut them in different shapes and sizes to match clouds.
2. Trace the cloud shape on the wall with pencil.
3. Use white paint and a sponge to apply the paint. Blend in only using a sponge instead of a roller/brush.

This sounds like it *might* work but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas how to go about doing this? I know there are cloud stickers you can paste on the wall but they are about $15 a piece!

Thanks!

</div>
April 14th, 2007, 10:35 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I painted clouds on my letters...

and my table

I didnt do anythign special though. i just drew the cloud and painted it white and while it was still wet i swept a paintbrush moisten with alittle light blue paint around the edges.

I agree with making the cut outs, it would be alot easier, thats how i painted stars on my walls, using cutouts i made myself.

PM me if you need more help

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
April 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
tsxylilmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that doing it with the poster board would work but instead of getting a ton of diffrent poster board and cutting them I would get one or two and make some bigger clouds and then cut those down as you want to make the clouds smaller. Also I think that sponging them would look more realistic.

April 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
NWVinTexas
I did the baby blue walls & clouds to go with my daughter's Classic Pooh motif back in 2001. All I did was purchase carwash sponges (the long ones you grip in the middle) and cut both ends to resemble perfectly round circles. I then dipped the sponge in the paint, blotted on paper and proceeded to make 5 white slightly joined circles in a horizontal line. Dip & blot again and then make 4 more circles between and above the 1st & 2nd, 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th circle from the first line. It's really, really easy and fast to do. I found that I had a lot of flexibility to then go back over the finished cloud shape & fill in any gaps with the sponges so that it had a uniform texture in it. Remember, it's important to blot & it's super easy. I though it would be hard, but it really wasn't--it took me one afternoon. Try getting a pencil & paper & follow the above directions so you can visualize and decide if this is the type of cloud shape you are looking for.
April 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Skrina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a mural artist and here is how I paint clouds. I use a nice wide, soft brush (a higher quality one from a paint store) and just dry brush them on by just dipping the very tip of the brush into the paint and then basically pushing it onto the wall in a circular motion until all the paint is off the brush. This will give you a light, feathery cloud look and some of the wall color will show through to give the clouds a 3D look. You can go over some of the same spots more that once to give the clouds more depth.

I hope this makes sense, it's hard to put it into words!

Devyn Louise~May 22, 2008~~Reid August~Oct 13, 2006

April 18th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to carissasart
Hi Im a mural artist / artist too and I used to paint them how skrina suggested and for my sons room i invested in an airbrush and it literaaly makes fool proof clouds. I hook it right into my husbands air compresser (maybe you know someone who has one?) and after a looking @ a few pics and doing a few tst runs of paper....it's literally very simple. I attatched some pics from my sons room which was my first attempt ever @ airbrushing....now i do them all the time like this! good luck!

April 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Above suggestions sound great.
I did find some cloud "wallies", they are $8.95 for a pack of 25. http://www.wallnutz.com/WalliesPages/Cutou...ges/WLCloud.htm
Not sure it's the style you're looking for or not.
This same site also has a cloudwash kit, http://www.wallnutz.com/MainColorwash.html

Good luck!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

April 23rd, 2007, 01:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I painted clouds in DD's room, I just used a dry brush and freehand painted them on, clouds are pretty easy to do an you can't really mess them up....very easy to fix with another stroke or two of paint

April 24th, 2007, 01:53 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Quote:
I painted clouds in DD's room, I just used a dry brush and freehand painted them on, clouds are pretty easy to do an you can't really mess them up....very easy to fix with another stroke or two of paint [/b]
I'm pretty sure if I did it free hand I would mess it up. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search