Suggestions for Surprise Baby?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2007, 07:56 AM
IrishBabies's Avatar Super Mommy
We just found out we're pregnant with our first and we plan on having a Surprise Baby!
Any thoughts or suggestions on how to decorate the nursery in a non-gender specific way? I love color but of course any pink or blue will be out of the question. It's a relatively small room, about 10x12 so I'm assuming I'd have to stick with light or medium colors as darks will just close in the room.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts!
August 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
asianmama
paint the walls cream white
take painters tape and mark out three or four "picture frames" on each wall
in each frame paint a picture with a quote
the wall with the crib have night time quotes-
always kiss me good night
"Born to shimmer, born to shine, born to radiate." - Shawn Mullins
"sweet dreams"
"angels watch over my sleeping baby"

the wall across from the crib can have quotes tht reflect day time/ playtime
"rise and shine"
"caution Angel at play"
my little miracle
on the walls the have nothin on them u can just have the frames blank until the baby is born and u can personalize the walls-- painting with quote- baby name- painting with quote and the wall have family photos-- daddy+ mommy+baby makes 3...

edited to add-- ur edd is my daughter bday.
August 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I really love sage green for either gender.. lots of things can be done with the color too!!
a bedding set like this with any of the colors for the walls would look cute.

August 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I would paint the wallas light green or pale yellow.

there are many things for neutral gender.

Rubber duckies, froggies, jungle themes, noahs ark, precious moments, baby snoopy... etc..

heres a few i like....

Bee my baby

Kiss Me

Monkeying Around

there are plenty of places to look, a few of my favs are...

Baby Super mall
Target
Babies R US
Wal-mart
Kmart

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
August 6th, 2007, 07:54 AM
IrishBabies's Avatar Super Mommy
they're ALL such cute designs! thank you so much for getting my imagination a head start
August 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Skrina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a surprise baby and I did a whole underwater/ocean theme. I have the walls all painted with a mural on one and bright turquoise on the others with some fish and things painted around. I did the rest of the colors in blues, greens and turquoise. It was very gender neuteral, but not pastel.

I tried to stay away from the pastels and I can tell you that for clothes I bought a lot of pale greens and yellows, but once my baby BOY got here, they just didn't work so I'm so glad I didn't do the nursery in those colors! This bright ocean room still works great for my son and will work great for a daughter as well.

Devyn Louise~May 22, 2008~~Reid August~Oct 13, 2006

August 13th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I'm not pregnant yet but I've thought of this an awful lot!
First of all, I've heard that a lot of mom's don't even put their newborn into their room for the first week or even longer, so if you really want to do a girly bedding set or a masculine one then why not just wait until you have them? I think that's what I'm going to do! I'm sure you'll be tired, but won't you want to get out of the house and show off your new bundle of joy!! I know I will!!!

I'm not really big on "themes"; I just colors a lot. I'm not against buying a bedding with butterflies on it or something, but I don't think I'll want butterflies everywhere, I just will want to have matching curtains and stuff.

If I really wanted to have my babys room done before I brought them home and I didn't find out the sex, I would do something like a white/cream bedding set and then when you have the baby you can bring blue/green or pink/purple (depending on what sex they are) accessories into the room. I imagine a dark wood crib with white/cream bedding with some sort of design on it. It's not boring, but it's soft and warm.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search