could use some advice

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
hi ladies. this is crossposted here and my ddc.
i could use some advice on painting our nursery. colors and designs and what not.
p.s. it's a girl and she's due nov 15th!
here is the background DEFINITE info!
this is what the room looks like now. we just painted it "buttercream yellow."
this is the door and walk-in closet

left side of wall

back wall

right side of wall

here's the furniture we are using. it's all ordered but not in yet=)
crib

armoire

changing table/dresser

undecided on glider still =)
here's the bedding set we are using which is also ordered but not in yet!

okay, now obviously we did the room yellow which is what we want our main color to be as far as paint goes. what i'm having trouble with is our accent colors and shapes.
originally, i wanted to do the yellow wall with a pink stripe about 40" up the wall with different colored and sized circles inside the stripe. kind of like this:

similar to that but with different colored circles inside the stripe.
then i thought, whoa, i am handpainting this it is gonna take WAY too much time and way too much work. and frankly, i don't think i have the patience. also, if we ever change the bedding the circles won't really make sense.
so i came up with another idea. keep the yellow wall, do a pink double border about 40" up the wall all the way around the room and instead of circles just do vertical stripes within the border. i thought maybe it would be a good contrast to the circles in the bedding. i wouldn't actually paint in squares, i would just do vertical lines going down of different colors. kind of like this:

now, i'm thinking this will take a lot of time too so i'm wondering if i should just go simple.
keep the yellow walls, and just do a thick pink stripe about 40" up the wall all the way around the room. like this:

then i could focus more on accents and go crazy with my lettering.
here is what my lettering looks like plain:

i plan to paint these with crazy circles all over them and stuff. i have stencils and quarts of paint with the accent colors of the bedding. the dark pink (which we'll use for the stripe on the wall), light pink, muave, and green.)
what do you ladies think i should do?
got any new ideas for me?
i'm open to almost anything, as long as it isn't TOO time consuming and doesn't involve me buying anymore supplies! we are going broke! lol.

August 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I like the idea of the solid stripe so that you dont have to redo later.

but i think circles around the top of the room would look cut like your own border. but you can use foam instead of painting it .. this does involve buying more supplies but foam is cheap!

this is what im thinking with the border... cept circles instead of stars

I will try to think of more

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
August 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I love the solid pink stripe in the middle of the wall. Your bedding is so fun. I'd do the thick pink with a thin green and a thin orangey/light pink around it.

I'd maybe put a few larger circles above where the crib is going to go, put the lettering in the circles, and have some contrast with the lettering color. It's going to look great!
August 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you can spomge paint the circles.... It cheap and easy to do....
August 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've just started researching room decorating and am wondering, where is that bedding from? It's cute! I really like the picture too.

August 28th, 2007, 09:57 AM
noworries
My baby girl is due January 8th and I have ordered the exact same bedding. I have been trying to think how to paint the room and this has given me some great ideas!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search