new and HELP

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
hey everyone I'm new to this part of JM and I am in serious need of help here's the story;
DH and I got married and moved out in september -- thing is when we signed the lease we didn't know we were expecting! we have a nice cozy 1 bdrm apartment and no room for the baby. Our bedroom is a fair size and will accomadate the crib nicely BUT I have no idea how to make the baby's "corner" more babyish and appealing without distubing the rest of the room!

the rooms colours are; 2 green walls one yellow and unfortunately the baby's corner is bright pink so we are really hoping that this baby is a girl I will upload pics when I get some but I warn you we are not very fashion savvy!

November 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Could you paint the walls? If not, maybe move your stuff around, so that the baby has a green or yellow wall?

You can put the crib in a corner, have their name in wood letters on the wall...maybe have a chest of drawers along the opposite wall.

This is all I can suggest without seeing pics of the room....hope it helps somewhat!

November 23rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
When is your lease up? Are you plpanning on staying there? Or moving when your lease is up?

Are you planning on getting a crib? pack-n-play? cradle? bassinet? portable crib?
How big is the room (what are the dimensions if you know?)
Would you be able to paint the walls?
Hopefully you will have a girl so the pink wall will work out perfectly!!!
Do you have bedding ideas picked out?

I what Jessica said about the baby name letters on the wall above the crib. If you're tight for space, maybe you should start out with a pack-in-play that have the built in changing table and then if you plan on moving to some place larger then get a crib and everything for the baby. But if you'd have enough space for a crib and a dresser, i'd get it...and use a dresser as a changing table!! I'd recommend getting a rocking chair of some kind, they are the best for rocking babies to sleep and feeding them in, especially in the middle of the night!

Personally, in my opinion, I dislike baby nurseries that look too babyish/kiddish...(hope i'm not stepping on toes,...) You could get the baby furniture in the same color as yours, so it would match and then get solid crib bedding, for example, yellow, green, white, pink or blue....and it still would look like the baby's half of the room but yet it would match the whole room and not look too mismatched. I love the look of classic, similar but cozy nurseries. (but if you want/like the baby look go for it!) I think it would look nice with the whole room matching and flowing together... Just my two cents for ya!!!!

Pics would be helpful like Jessica said. Good luck!! Hope this helped~!!

November 23rd, 2007, 11:51 AM
I agree with everything Lindsey said!

I've actually thought about sharing my room with a baby, and Lindsey helped A LOT with room layouts for me! My fiance and I are getting married next month (he decided this last night! ) so we'll be living in my parent's basement until we save for an apartment.

Hopefully you can share some more info with us so we can help you completely.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! We look forward to seeing your baby's "nook" come together!

November 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Oh wow Jessica!! getting married next month?!!? That's awesome!!! congrats!!!!! I'm sure the basement will have more room for a baby...when are you going to start TTC again? lol

Aww thanks too Jessica!!! you're soo sweet!!

i just realized...that both you Bekah and you Jessica are from Ontario, Canada....that's cool and crazy!!

Bekah, looking forward to see the pics and the progress!!

November 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Oh wow Jessica!! getting married next month?!!? That's awesome!!! congrats!!!!! I'm sure the basement will have more room for a baby...when are you going to start TTC again? lol

Aww thanks too Jessica!!! you're soo sweet!!

i just realized...that both you Bekah and you Jessica are from Ontario, Canada....that's cool and crazy!!

Bekah, looking forward to see the pics and the progress!! [/b]
Thanks for the congrats Lindsey!! I think we might start TTC once we have savings set aside for an apartment or baby, I think whichever comes first...an apartment or pregnancy! Then we'll know!

November 23rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
thanks girls!! painting the walls would be pointless and about the lease -- its up in 1 year (which will be in september) we may be staying an extra year if we can't afford to get a 2 bedroom. I will be back in a second with a picture of the room! And Lindsey I also don't really like overdone baby rooms! I just want it to look inviting!

view of the room from the hall

where our bed is

and the baby "nook"

November 23rd, 2007, 04:08 PM
I assume on the wall that isn't in the pictures is the wall where your closet is???

Your lease is up in September and your baby is due in April, hmmmmm...do you think you can save enough to get that 2 bedroom? If not, maybe it wouldn't be too much of a bad thing to just paint that one wall, or maybe the entire room -- a neutral shade. Like light brown, beige, one wall white..the other three a neutral colour?

Are you planning on getting a crib?

I know the wall letters would really add a personal touch to the baby's corner.

Let us know!

November 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
are the curtains coverin a window??

If you are planning to stay till Setpember or even larger...i agree with Jessica, in painting the room if you can, like a neutral shade or at least the pink wall green too...I would recommend going throw your things to see if there are items you don't need or could put in boxes so you have more room for a baby and all the baby things..

I would definitely but the crib and dresser/changing table against the pink wall...or put the dresser/changer next to your bed (moving your nightstand if possible to the other side) and then a rocking chair on the pink wall and the crib on the pink wall next to it.

November 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
thanks girls!! I am HOPING maybe by next september we will be able to afford a 2 bedroom cause I would really like the baby to have it's own room! and yes we have a crib, it just hasn't arrived yet! we may just decide to paint it who knows but I am hoping to be outta here before that.

the curtains are covering a window, and the wall I didn't photgraph has a closet and the door on it. so that wall is pretty much useless!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search