New

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 11:21 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Hi! My name is Kaylie, DH is Casey and we'll be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary in Feb We have a little girl Mahayla who will be 9 months this Friday and our 2nd baby girl is due March 30! We have no clue what to do with this baby's room, we want it to be different from Mahayla's...not do the name on the wall. The first pic is of the crib we are pretty set on getting but we're prob not going to get a chest of drawers or changing table...I was thinking of having DH build a little book shelf and staining it to match the crib or painting it to match the bedding set, which we havnt picked out lol May's room is done in butterflies and flowers so we want something different for this baby, just not sure what. The room is fairly big and just a crib would look too empty IMO. Im looking for whatever suggestions I can get on EVERYTHING. Where to put the crib, colors, a bedding set (im only wanting to spend about $50 on that, but would spend more depending on the set), things to add....whatever ideas pop in your head just let me know lol Ill post some pics of Mahayla's room and what the new baby's room looks like now so maybe you can get some ideas! TIA!!

Here's the crib we are most likely going to get
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...mp;shopFor=true

Heres the room....you can pretty much see the 3 walls, the wall behind me is small and then theres the closet (this is DH's junk room as you can tell lol) I know there's a lot of stuff in there but we'll slowly be getting it out....we actually just got rid of the bed this weekend.

This is DD's room (these were taken right before she was born...the other room is the same size just laid out differently)

This is the best pic I have of the wall with the closet

December 17th, 2007, 02:37 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'll help!! I love decorating and helping ppl out!! (especially with nurseries! can't wait to do my own...)

So some questions...since you want the new babies room to be different that her sister's, hence the different color furniture (I like that color for a crib) and her's is flowers/butterflies and looks pink, yellow and purple mostly...do you want the new nursery to be a different color? just trying to get ideas! I'm gonna research and try to find something that I think would work for yoru budget, etc.

December 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks that sounds great!! The color isnt really an issue as much as the theme....I dont really want to do butterflies or flowers again, but it would just depend on the bedding set, if I find a flowery bedding set I like then I would want it to be in different colors. I just want them to look different....as far as the design, we wont do the name on the wall this time, so I was thinking about hanging the crib blanket on the wall and maybe trying to find a border to match....IDK but I really dont want to be doing things last minute, and I only have 3 months left!

I started looking around on ebay today and found this bedding set, Im winning right now but theres about 3 hours left on it...I guess we will see!
December 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Gotcha! Good luck putting it together! Hopefully you won't be doing it last minute. Good luck winning. That's a nice one!

So, I searched for bedding ideas....I think it would look adorable/cool if their rooms were different, so I didn't look at pink bedding (since most all is floral or butterflies and that's what your daughter's is) I found this 3 different bedding sets. I think they would look spectacular with the darker furniture.

So here's what I found....
1) from walmart.com
I think the green and red are different and look neat. I think if you painted the walls a light green or a light shade of red like in the bedding, that would look nice.

2) from walmart.com also
I like the look of the red bedding with the dark furniture. (This bedding is more solid than the first one)

3.) from ebay.com (this one has some flowers/butterflies, so it would fit with the other room but would look different. just like your daughters, they would be related (like the butterflies on the bedding) but would probably look different (different hair or eyes, etc.)

4.) from overstock.com I think pink and green would be another good choice of colors.

5.) from ebay

6.) from ebay

7.) from babiesrus.com

9.) from ebay

10.) from ebay

11.)

12.)

13.)

I think ladybugs would be adorable. So you could have your lil butterfly and lil ladybug!

Some recommendations:

COLORS: (I suggest) red. pink and green. or purple. or yellow.

THEME: animals (jungle, bees, ladybugs, or teddy bears?), stripes or polka dots, even plain solid looks nice too.

WALLS: if you could I would paint them a color to match. If not I'd get a border or paint a border. And get nice picture frames and hang them on the wall.

LAYOUT: I think i'd put the crib on the wall where the bed/night stand is or in the corner behind the rocker on an angle. The rocker in the other corner on an angle.

If you can have your hubby make the bookcase that would be awesome! I'd put that next/near the rocker. And fill it with books and on top I'd put a cute lamp and some stuffed animals.

I think a layout like this would be awesome and work with the room.

search ebay for bedding, you can find new and barely used ones for great prices! I would leave that rocker in the room and get a huge solid color queen sized flat sheet that would match the bedding set you decided on to use as a cover. (Unless you plan on getting a new rocker/glider)

I would get some curtains that match for the windows.

What are you doing for a changing table? use your other daughters? just curious.

Good luck. Hope this helped! Don't forget to post finished pictures, I'd love to see them!

December 17th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Wow those are great! My top 2 would prob be 1 and 12, a lot of those I saw looking around ebay, but I didnt see 12 and Ive looked ALL over walmart.com and only found 1 that I really liked that was around my price range, I never saw 1 but that is so cute! Is that one $79?? Ive seen ones in the same style that are that much, but the colors on that are so nice! I'll be able to decide what to do with the room better once I figure out a bedding set...I would love to paint the room but Im not so sure I could get DH to go for that, if nothing else I want to do a border. The rocker is gone, we gave it away...everything is going to be cleared out. We have a glider but it wouldnt match the crib, the wood on the glider is a natural color. We dont plan on getting a changing table either, May has one in her room and it NEVER gets used. I think the biggest prob will prob be making the room look full...
December 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Sorry you didn't see those. Just saw that you got one off ebay.

Good luck with painting or finding a border. (I think a pink border would look good with the set you got)

Bummer about the rocker...if you have one, you could use it in the room if not matching doesn't bother you or you could try to paint it or something.

Fill up the room with a floor lamp, wicker baskets full of toys, and stuff.

Good luck. can't wait to see it!

December 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Love the crib. love the bedding, they will look great together!

Ive found these two borders....

Blossoms

Fairies

Im thinking of ways to decorate....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Those are both cute, but since there arnt any characters on the bedding set I was thinking about a plain border, maybe I can talk DH into doing a little painting as well...cant wait to hear what you come up with!
December 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Mrs. T- I agree with you with the plain border idea. I think that would look awesome.

I found this and though it could work and would look neat.
http://www.usawallpaper.com/flpiwapo.html

Other ideas, something pink and brown striped would look good too
http://www.usawallpaper.com/pibrsqwabo1.html

http://www.futurememories.com/gj-36730.html

Hope this helps! (If you go with border, I think putting it in the middle of the walls would look great!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search