Shared spaces for baby!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM
berrygirlfinn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to berrygirlfinn
Hi Everyone, I was so inspired by the photos of baby rooms around but sad because the office space that otherwise would be Marley's room is ALL THE WAY UPSTAIRS!!!! Way to far ro keep a little preemie baby. Even at a year or so I think I might want to be close enough to simply lift my head and look at her from my bed. Living here in Europe I've notice that homes are smaller so that everyone is used to compact living...After all Ikea was started right next door in Sweden! Anyway we have a shared bedroom\nursery. I made room in my own clothing storage space for her immediate clothes and bigger sizes went under the crib. We have a sauna (married a Finn) so the changing table\ bathing area is in there!! I got almost all my supplies from Ikea here in Finland and Walmart in the U.S. (parents did the shipping). Even though I would have loved to go ultra pink girly... I just couldn't have my poor husband awake in the land of precious. tried to have a space that was modern and worked for everybody!! Marley loves to take baths so I'm glad that I had a bright place with lots of unused counter top to work with. What do you think so far? Does anybody have a shared nursery too I would love to see more of that....storage is always an issue but I hope to get ideas on making function and good looks work together!

Siggie created by the talented hands of Fingers Crossed!!

December 30th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
I think you did an awesome job working with what space you have. I love the colors in the bathing/changing area. Very cute

December 31st, 2007, 06:18 AM
BellaMommaTn
I love it! Very functional and beautiful!
January 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Nice job! very cute!

January 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
Space is a problem we are having also. Love the job you did combining her bedding with yours. Very cute.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

January 3rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!! Space is definitely a problem we have too!!!

January 4th, 2008, 12:42 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Oh wow that is just great! I love how you did that!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 15th, 2008, 10:28 PM
berrygirlfinn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to berrygirlfinn
Hey I'm back with more of my Masterbedroom\nursery combination ....the topic is storage!!! I have a ton of clothes (A lot I ain't wearing yet, but that's a different post ) Anyway I had to come to reality and clear some space in my own closet for adding the tons of lovely clothes blankets and accessories that come with a new baby!!
I bought the most inexpensive plastic containers to serve as her "drawers." I liked them because they are clear and stuff can be easily be identified. Note if you do this make sure you go for a few shallow boxes instead of the huge deep ones....that's because out of sight-out of mind...if you have too many layers of clothes a lot is not going to be used... because you won't see them !
I store only her current size in my closet in the bed room...the bigger sizes are stored in a deeper box under the crib and in a upstairs office. As she gets bigger...( and it's fast!!!) I move out the small and add the new! Then I labled categories for clarity and because I have to Literally spell things out for my husband!!
There are Hats & Socks:
Tops: Pants: Sleepers: Outfits & Bibs: and Baby's Linen.
I got dollar store letter stickers to make things cute and added scrapbook butterflies for cuteness and color!!
It's working out really well for us!!!

Siggie created by the talented hands of Fingers Crossed!!

January 16th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JCmomtotwoboys
I love what you did with the space you had available.The colors are great and inspired me as well as my office will no longer be my office my boys never had a nursery due to limited space but since we have our own house now i am willing to give up my office to finally beable to have a nursery for my lil one on the way. And because it wasnt too long ago that we painted I dont want to have to re-paint once again so iam sticking to the colors you have in your room and i will work with that. Thanks for the inspiration and you did a very good job!
January 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Momma2threekiddies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I got dollar store letter stickers to make things cute and added scrapbook butterflies for cuteness and color!!
It's working out really well for us!!! [/b]
You did a great job with your closet! I love the storage containers and I hope your husband is grateful you labeled everything! Even if he's not the labels make it so much cuter!

January 18th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Momoftriplets08's Avatar Veteran
I think you did a beautiful job with the space you have. I use to live in Europe and Asia so I know what you mean about the compact space.

36 weeker take home babies!!!
January 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Boochimomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Boochimomma Send a message via Yahoo to Boochimomma
Oh so very cute! I love the changing area, the duckies are so adorable.

~*Thank you *Sharon*
for my awesomely awesome siggy!!*~

January 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I love what you did with the space, it looks so nice! Great job organizing all of the clothes and accessories too!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search