Nursery Furniture

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello - I'm interested to know where everyone bought their nursery furniture. I just found out I'm pregnant and started looking a little. I want something that is good quality and will last a long time. I would like Convertible Crib. Has anyone bought from JC Penney?
January 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
DS crib came from Target and my new crib is a loan so I dont know where it was bought.

Jcpenny should be a great place to buy furniture!@

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 18th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Momoftriplets08's Avatar Veteran
Wow, only 5 weeks pg, you ladies sure do start your nurseries early. I bought my furniture through craigslist and my local multiples club. I'm having triplets so getting three of everything new was not an option, but I got great stuff that looks new. If you are on a budget or just looking for a great deal I would try there. You see brand new cribs all the time never used because the parents decided they wanted to co-sleep the whole time.

36 weeker take home babies!!!
January 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got our crib and changing table from Walmart.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
January 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I bought my furniture from JC Penny. I really love it, but it was a little more expensive then some other stores that have what looks to be the same stuff. I really liked that this was JPMA certified, as a first time mom, it gave me a little bit of piece of mind, especially with all the recalls out there.
Crib:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptI...330|42331|42332
Dresser:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTy...330|42331|42332

The only things i dont like about this furniture, is that insides of the drawers arent painted, on the dresser, or on the drawer under the crib. But other than that, i really like it, it seems very sturdy. I just plan on painting the insides myself, i think i might even paint them the color of the room, noone will see it but me, but it would make me feel better.
Another drawback to JCPenny is that you can only order online, they dont have the furniture in their stores, so you have to pay shipping and handling, which on big items is very expensive. I ended up having it shipped to the store and picked it up there myself, and i then only had to pay 1/2 of the shipping and handling, which still eneded up being an extra $100. If i would have had it shipped to my house, i think it would have cost $250, which i just thought was rediculous.
Hope this helps.
January 31st, 2008, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought from JCPenney, we just got our furniture yesterday and set it all up! I loooove it!!! It looks so good! I bought it online when they had a special for free shipping, so we shipped it to the store and picked it up, to avoid any UPS damage.
February 1st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I bought my furniture from JC Penny. I really love it, but it was a little more expensive then some other stores that have what looks to be the same stuff. I really liked that this was JPMA certified, as a first time mom, it gave me a little bit of piece of mind, especially with all the recalls out there.
Crib:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptI...330|42331|42332
Dresser:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTy...330|42331|42332

The only things i dont like about this furniture, is that insides of the drawers arent painted, on the dresser, or on the drawer under the crib. But other than that, i really like it, it seems very sturdy. I just plan on painting the insides myself, i think i might even paint them the color of the room, noone will see it but me, but it would make me feel better.
Another drawback to JCPenny is that you can only order online, they dont have the furniture in their stores, so you have to pay shipping and handling, which on big items is very expensive. I ended up having it shipped to the store and picked it up there myself, and i then only had to pay 1/2 of the shipping and handling, which still eneded up being an extra $100. If i would have had it shipped to my house, i think it would have cost $250, which i just thought was rediculous.
Hope this helps.[/b]
That is the exact set I was looking at from JC Penney's. What color did you get? If you got the white was it glossy? I'm really leaning towards buying from JC Penney. I also thought that I would have it shipped to my local store to save $$$! Thanks!
March 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
We bought all of DS's furniture from babies r us.. no complaints.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
March 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours came from USA Baby. We have the Baby's Dream Generation Next.
March 20th, 2008, 06:45 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
The set is beautiful, and yes i did get it in white. I really love it. It is glossy, but not overly shiney. Sorry it took so long to reply!
March 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
AmandaR
I bought my convertible crib from JcPenney.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search