Nursery Dilema

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
Okay, we don't know the sex of the new baby yet. But we live in a two bedroom townhouse and we really love it here. And we plan on staying until we can buy a house. My kids will have to share a room. My son is 2 and 1/2 and he loves Thomas the Tank Engine , Cars (disney movie) and Orcas. If this baby is a girl, I'm having a Lady Bug theme. Since we rent, we can't paint the room. I read somewhere about putting up colored vinyl instead of painting. With my son, I plan on doing an underwater theme with the trains and cars above the water on the roads and stuff. If this baby is a girl, I plan on a very simple pink and light pink with lady bugs. But I don't know how that will work. I have my son on one side and the baby will be on the other side. Do you think this will work? And does anyone know where I can find the vinyl for the room??
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!
January 27th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
I think it could work. Good luck

January 27th, 2008, 08:24 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you thought about a mutual theme? Maybe take your son shopping and see what he likes, and just make sure it's unisex. I think having two themes will overcrowd the room and you won't be able to have as much fun with it. That being said, you can do a lot with unisex themes.

You can do safari, stars/moons, noah's ark, and an underwater theme.. with orcas!!

There are stickers and accents and stick on murals that you can apply to the walls. Also, you can maybe paint a few things here and there and then just paint over when you do move.

January 28th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would do the whole room in an underwater theme because I agree that two themes would be too much.

You can try here for the vinyl decals

http://www.vinylattraction.com/themeroomsets.htm
January 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, that the two themes will be too cluttered. A mutual theme would probably be best.

Good luck with everything!!!! Be sure to come back and show us pics of how you pulled it all together!!!

January 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
I attempted to pull out two themes for one room as well and it just didn't work. My 2 year old LOVES Thomas and I planned on using a theme for the new baby that had the same colors but it just wasn't working. We ended up decorating in a whole new theme that would be cohesive for both boys for a long time (sports). If its a girl, you are definitely going to have a harder time, but don't forget to be open about other themes for her as well.

Also, instead of doing the whole underwater theme AND cars AND trains, try using just blocks or circles in colors that come from both bedding sets. Try getting your son a Thomas bedding set with colors that match whatever you decide for the new baby. You may have better luck that way. They also have vinyl decor at Home Depot with the wall paper stuff.

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
January 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I would just do an underwater theme if it were me.

it would be hard to combine a train theme with ladybugs. im sure it can be done i just have no ideas right now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search