Name Letters

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I want to paint some letters to spell out my daughters name. Im just confused on how to attact the ribbons to the letters to hang them. I want them to be even and straight, and she does have a long name, so it some were shorter or longer than others, it would be noticable. Is there any kind of technique to this, or do you normally just wing it?
January 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With the two names I've made, I just cut the ribbon as exact as I possibly could. Sort of measured with my eyes, know what I mean???

I understand completely that you want the ribbon to be some what the same length! Some people like having the letters at different heights, so if you cut a few pieces longer than others, don't stress! I'm sure it'll come out as perfect as you want it to be!

I attached the ribbon to the letters using a staple gun.

Hope this helps!!!

February 1st, 2008, 08:33 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
U just gotta wing it lol

When I did ribbon on a name i made for a friend, I put up tacks in my laundry room and thats how I looked at it to see if everything was straight

I too used a staple gun

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 3rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
ShelliBelli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

These are my letters. I just cut the ribbon the same length and hot glued it to the back of the letters.
February 3rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I put picture hooks onto the back of the letters for my daughter's nursery. She has a long name too, so I wanted it just perfect.

I practiced with one letter to get the exact length I wanted with the bow and all. Then, I unraveled/undid that bow, measured it, and cut all the other ribbons to the same exact length.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search