Need decorating ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2008, 12:21 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Becuase i am just not that creative, but id like to try to be!

http://www.livingincomfort.com/bk26737.html
this is the bedding i am getting, even the crib and dresser are what mine look like, and the walls will be light pink like that as well.
I dont really like the accesories that come with the set though, like the shelves, and lamps. I would really like to make some things on my own. Does anyone have any cute ideas of things i could make or decorate to make this room look cute? And ideas for wall hangings? I am doing name letters, they will be bright pink, with white polka dots. But other than that, i dont have any ideas, and i have a lot of wall space to fill. I was thinking about taking a few animal pics from the wallpaper border and framing them. I would really like some advice.

Thanks ladies!
January 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Taking a few of the animals off the border and framing them sounds like a really great idea!!!

I personally like the shelves that they have in the pic, you could take your daughter's first professional photo, and put it in a frame and put it on the shelf. You could also do that with your first family photo.

You could also get some wood letters that say "dream", "laugh", "believe", etc. I've seen those at Wal-Mart. I'm sure those would add the perfect touch to your little girl's room.

Hope I helped!!! Love the nursery bedding you've picked, by the way!!

February 1st, 2008, 08:40 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I like the frame idea!

I did shelves in my nursery, but I painted them myself, and put up pics of my best friends babies and all my new babys would be friends lol

And then I also got an 8x1 of myself at 1 yr and DH at 1 yr and hung them with room for another 8x10 to fit in the middle, i will hang a pic of DS there when I get em developed.

My mom made a shadow box with a nursery inside that looks just like DS's room.

Its kinda hard to see cuz of the flash

And also I had this at my shower....

You could hang coat hooks up. I have some that are star and moon shaped to match my sleepytime snoopy nursery. they are great to hang babys coat and carrier on

um...I hung my diaper stacker on the wall beside the changing table for easier access.

thats about all I can think of lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I love the bedding set you have picked out!

I like the shelves, personally, or some cube shaped shelves you could add to a wall.

I will be making some of these for Monkey #2's nursery - also in a jungle theme. You'd have to make your own animal stencils. Get some fabric in the same colors as your bedding. Make the same animals that are are in your bedding set. A relatively cheap, but highly creative way to personalize baby's nursery.
February 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
TaraJo827's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would look around somewhere like AC Moore or Michael's and look at the wood section, especially. They sell all sorts of ready-made wooden things to paint. Or just browse around the store and you are bound to get ideas.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search