stuck for ideas!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I posted a few months back, and you ladies did great with helping me find a way to decorate the nursery!!! We found out last week that we are having a boy, and I decided on a theme, but I am having a hard time finding items to make it work. I also posted this in my DDC, so I just cut and pasted the post from there. Any help is appreciated immensely!

I had tons of ideas for how to decorate the nursery if we were having a girl, so of course we are having a boy and I am stuck with a very girly purple room (it was girly when we bought the house, and I kept it that way since it's been my meditation room until very recently) I have very few ideas of how to do this!!!!

I have lots of things from the John Lennon musical parade collection. The collection was discontinued, and it is getting harder and more expensive to hunt down the items that I truly love. The line kind of has a jungle theme, as it is based on the drawings that John Lennon made for his son of different jungle animals. I am not big on jungle animal themes, but I LOVE John Lennon, and the items also have some of my favorite lyrics on them. The mobile plays Imagine and I just adore it. I also love the music notes that are all over the items.

Since Daryl and I both love music, and we are hoping our son will too (Daryl's practically got him signed up for piano lessons already LOL) we want to focus on the music notes that are on the items that we have, and minimalize the jungle animal theme. I bought a window dressing and a matching bedskirt, as well as a lamp, that has the musical notes pattern from the collection, and a lot of the bedding has the music notes as a background. I know that Carters made a lot of items with just the music notes, but I cannot find them anymore (I used to babysit a little boy who had a room done in the collection, which is how I fell in love with it) We're going to fill in what we don't have with solid blues yellows and greens to coordinate with everything.

What I'm not sure of is how to do the walls. I found this idea for a musical border but Daryl isn't fond of it and I'm just not sure. We also thought about matching the colors of blue and yellow and doing the top half of the wall in blue and the bottom half in the yellow with thick blue stripes with some kind of a musical border along where the solid blue meets the stripes. I saw a baby room done like that on one of those home make-over shows, and I really liked it. The final idea is to paint three walls solid, and one wall with the wavy music border, but make the wavy part a music staff.

One of our other ideas was to make our own wall hangings that are shaped like musical notes, each note with a letter of the baby's name. This is the reason for the last idea of doing just one wall with the music staff; I'm afraid that if we do the whole room with the wavy music border, and then do the music note wall hangings it will look too crowded with notes!

If any of you have any good ideas or know where I can get items or ideas for a musical note themed nursery, let me know. I've been googling all evening and haven't found much!

<div align="center"></div>
March 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I like the musical note border idea! I would do it just like the pic, but make it yellow on top and green on the bottom with blue notes. I think it would be too cute!

Im looking for other ideas.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 27th, 2008, 04:39 AM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I'm really torn about the border. Sometimes I think it's really nice and other times I think it's a bit too much. Glad to have a vote of confidence on that one We would definitely use different colors, I'm thinking light blue for the top, lightish yellow for the bottom, and dark blue notes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search