Atheist Facebook Musings

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 12:05 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
There aren't may of my friends that post about god...I'm not a big facebooker...I do myspace...I have one friend...who was never religious...but married into an UBER religious family...so had to conform to the mold...but I have the myspace that is the real her It's sad that she has to do it but if she was herself she would be judged...the ladies from the church gave her a makeover and they made her take out her lip ring...she was pissed

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

March 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoAngelica View Post
There aren't may of my friends that post about god...I'm not a big facebooker...I do myspace...I have one friend...who was never religious...but married into an UBER religious family...so had to conform to the mold...but I have the myspace that is the real her It's sad that she has to do it but if she was herself she would be judged...the ladies from the church gave her a makeover and they made her take out her lip ring...she was pissed
That is sad. I had to do it too when I first started dating DH and then I said F it! I'm not doing it anymore! I was a Christian, but not as Christian as they were. But then I let go of religion completely and was done with it. I felt so much better. I hope your friends is able to be herself eventually... How hard for her.

March 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those of you on my facebook friends list: Enjoying the current round of "troll the fundie"? Bwahahaha
March 14th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had fun!

March 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Haha, I thought this thread was hilarious LOL! I can only imagine the confusion on FB, lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

March 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoAngelica View Post
She's so much nicer than I am, I would've told them where to go. I refuse to be anything but myself and if they don't like, **** 'em lol

March 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
She's so much nicer than I am, I would've told them where to go. I refuse to be anything but myself and if they don't like, **** 'em lol
I'm with you 100% on that one. Nothing like changing everything about who I am to make someone happy. (That someone is OBVIOUSLY not myself.)
March 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you end up getting a lower friend count anyone? I'm curious!

March 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Nope! Mostly thanks to you ladies, I've got MORE friends than I started with, thus making the experiment both a success and a failure.
March 20th, 2010, 11:20 AM
And I just friended you, too!

I know it may have seemed weird that someone who was lurking friended you on FB, so I decided to go ahead and creat an account here and post, too. I just found this forum today.

I came out to a family member on FB this week (thru PM) and it did not go over well. She "feels sorry for my kids". whatever. I was kind enough not to ask, "is your daughter still working as a stripper?"

Anyhoo....I was brought up in church, never EVER believed it, but was forced to keep going. My 13 yo daughter wants to go to a UU church just to meet other like-minded kids. I'm all for it. I like UU. Their Religious Education is "this is what x religion believes. Isn't that interesting? This is how they have contributed to society". NOT whatI was taught, which was, "this is how X religion believes. This is why they are WRONG and how we can get them to BELIEVE LIKE US!"
March 21st, 2010, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitPoetic View Post
And I just friended you, too!

I know it may have seemed weird that someone who was lurking friended you on FB, so I decided to go ahead and creat an account here and post, too. I just found this forum today.

I came out to a family member on FB this week (thru PM) and it did not go over well. She "feels sorry for my kids". whatever. I was kind enough not to ask, "is your daughter still working as a stripper?"

Anyhoo....I was brought up in church, never EVER believed it, but was forced to keep going. My 13 yo daughter wants to go to a UU church just to meet other like-minded kids. I'm all for it. I like UU. Their Religious Education is "this is what x religion believes. Isn't that interesting? This is how they have contributed to society". NOT whatI was taught, which was, "this is how X religion believes. This is why they are WRONG and how we can get them to BELIEVE LIKE US!"
Hi and welcome!!! What's your name? Any kiddos? Where are you from? Feel free to hop in on any posts or start your own topics
BTW, I'm Melissa mommy to Kaley who is 2 y/o and we are from Florida.

March 24th, 2010, 07:58 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also ended up with one more friend than I started with (Jenna). I think some of my friends might have hidden my status updates, though...

March 24th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I think some people have hidden my stauts updates as well, most likely because they not only aren't as open minded about GLBT rights as I am, but don't care for my passion for it either. One person said they were sick of hearing about the issue, lol. TOO BAD. I've hidden a couple of the daily "god bless this or that" people too, so I guess I can't fault them, lol.

Honestly, I'd delete them if it wouldn't likely cause some kind of rift between them and my DH.
March 27th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to delete a "facebook friend" this week because of this. She decided to send out a testimony to EVERYONE on her friends list in a message. We went back and forth in the message a little when I called her out for being "rude, presumptuous, and a typical christain." She, of course, still feels she has done no wrong, and when our back and forth ended she started posting "god is great for letting Jesus die for us." status updates. I thought about hiding her like I have done a few other frequent religious status posting people, but I decided it was just best for my well-being to get rid of her entirely.

March 28th, 2010, 04:13 AM
It sucks to do, but it's gotta be done, you know?? Some people are just too much!
March 30th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I have a friend from college who constantly makes "god" comments or posts things from the bible, etc. It drives me CRAZY. I have considered many times to delete him as a friend and I very likely may.
March 31st, 2010, 10:17 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I don't delete friends usually but I had one two days ago who joined a group against gay marriage and I deleted them faster than you can say bigot. It's one thing to praise your god and another to use religion to try to keep a group of people down. In response I posted this video to my FB: The Colbert Coalition's Anti-Gay Marriage Ad | April 16th | ColbertNation.com I did it after I deleted her though so she'll never see it. Oh well. She wasn't very bright, she probably wouldn't have realized that it was satire.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 05:27 AM
I'm most likely going to be deleted from some people's facebooks today. In honor of Good Friday, I posted an old e-card (been saving this for years) that has a cheesy graphic of two people talking in front of a church and it says "Sorry I said 'TGIF' on the anniversary of your god's son's violent execution."

I'm in one of those moods today where if you can't take a joke I'll be glad if you delete me 'cause I think you're uptight anyway.
April 2nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love that! I saw it a long time ago and thought it was hilarious.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search