Atheist Facebook Musings

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
I was hoping to get defriended after posting this, but my friends count is the same.
"Hysterical America, please stop telling me I can't say Happy Holidays.
Thanksgiving & then Christmas & then New Years make up THE HOLIDAYS.
There isn't a conspiracy to take Christ out of Christmas. Calm down.
There isn't a secret government take over to slide in Kwanza when you're
not looking. Stop buying 57" LCD TV's in the name of the lord. Happy Holidays."
I might have to steal this...
December 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanahoria View Post
I might have to steal this...
I am feeling exceptionally trollish today, I might have to do this as well.
December 16th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol, this thread is great!

Last Easter a facebook friend had some Bible verse and then he wrote that anyone who did not believe in that verse was an idiot and going to hell. Yeah, I deleted him.
December 16th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Well, you'll have the last laugh anyway.
December 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Oh, this is depressing.
Someone I've been looking for, seriously for years now, found me on Facebook today. We were best friends in high school and lost touch afterward. IT'S ALREADY STARTED. Apparently she's even more fanatical about religion than she used to be, and has already attempted to correct me from 'xmas' to 'Christmas'... And asked what she considered 'the big question': whether or not I'm a Christian yet. Srsly?? Ugh. We'll see how this goes, but from the first shot fired... It's looking like it might end with "It's nice to know you're still alive. Have a nice life." and a defriending on my part. I refuse to deal with that crap.
December 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Well, after we got past the whole "oh you're making me cry, i'm so sad that you don't believe in god, I thought you were a smart woman!" BULL (don't worry, I put her in her place for that last remark), we actually had a good conversation. And then she was gone this morning. I think her husband may have made her delete her Facebook account. Can't have the womenfolk gettin' ideas from the heathens, I guess. Whaaaatever. Shame on me for getting my hopes up while we were talking last night.
December 18th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. I know I am always disappointed when I think I have found someone I have been looking for and then realize we have nothing left to connect over.

December 18th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww that sucks Jenna. People change when we don't see them for a long time, and not always for the better.
December 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah. I should've expected it - I knew that her husband was a fundie Baptist weirdo - but I was hoping for the best. And during the conversation, she really seemed to move back into her 'old self'... Until her husband came home anyway. But she made her choice, and she chose a life submissive to her husband. So I'm trying not to be down about it.
December 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna. View Post
Well, after we got past the whole "oh you're making me cry, i'm so sad that you don't believe in god, I thought you were a smart woman!" BULL (don't worry, I put her in her place for that last remark), we actually had a good conversation. And then she was gone this morning. I think her husband may have made her delete her Facebook account. Can't have the womenfolk gettin' ideas from the heathens, I guess. Whaaaatever. Shame on me for getting my hopes up while we were talking last night.
Re: the bolded part

OMG I would totally have lost my temper with that.

I thought facebook was great, and it still is for posting pics of my L/O for family to see. But right now, it is kind of depressing. I have all of these people that I have reconnected with and now, they just seem like total strangers. If I met them now, we certainly wouldn't be friends. We have nothing in common. Most have turned into super fundies with "praise jeebus" posted every five minutes.
December 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM
MommaJones's Avatar Host of Surrogate Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaJones Send a message via Skype™ to MommaJones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie1975 View Post
Re: the bolded part

OMG I would totally have lost my temper with that.

I thought facebook was great, and it still is for posting pics of my L/O for family to see. But right now, it is kind of depressing. I have all of these people that I have reconnected with and now, they just seem like total strangers. If I met them now, we certainly wouldn't be friends. We have nothing in common. Most have turned into super fundies with "praise jeebus" posted every five minutes.
So you know what you do-----delete all of them. And add people who you have interests with. My facebook is full of people that think like I do. Therefore I don't make them mad when i post atheist things. I refuse to allow other people to run my facebook. It is mine. Not theirs.

I have even had to kick family off of my facebook because they start drama on there. I don't put up with that crap in real life, I sure as heck ain't going to take it on Facebook. LOL
Try 3--May 2011-miscarried at 5 weeks
Transfer 4---PREGNANT!!! BFP @ 5.5dp3dt Beta at 11dp3dt was 164.6

Ultrasound showed TWO BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search