Totally scratching my head at this video that's traveling around facebook...

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Veteran
I have many friends from my past on my facebook. This particular guy used to date women when we all knew he was gay. I'm not sure when, but at some point in the last 10 years he came out and is openly gay. He has two teenaged children (both with children out of wedlock--which I don't personally believe is bad, but considering the source... let's just pretend).

So he posts this video yesterday:

Login | Facebook

I was totally ready for some mocking video and watched--given the SOURCE.

You simply must watch the video to understand. I can't interpret it for you.

But there are so many lines in the video that seem to be mocking christianity on the whole.

Only, apparently, it's not.

So, homeboy said he was part of the 7%.

WHAT?!?!?!

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

September 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So they have made a whole video out of that stupid chain letter status garbage "If you love Jesus (or whatever they decide to declare) repost this Only a few of you will, lets see who you are."

I have noticed the people that post those status and join the "Jesus is lord" groups or post about god in every few posts, or all of them, are typically only in it for show. Outside of the show they will be the first to stab you in the back, cheat on a spouse, neglect their children, or any of those things. They do typically go to church a lot though. That of course is part of the show. I just don't get why you would want to live like that.

September 13th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are the type of people I like to remind of this bible passage (Matthew 6:5-6):
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
September 14th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Wow. Religion is scary. Like a house and wife just poofed out of thin air.
September 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekatala View Post
Wow. Religion is scary. Like a house and wife just poofed out of thin air.
It said "like magic" that's why I thought it was a joke!

Let us not forget that the new wife was "the only survivor" from another shipwreck! **** all those poor souls!

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

September 15th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Daddy
I can't stand those types of videos... same with all the chain e-mails. It is all fantasy and people just suck it up and pretend like there is meaning in it.

Facebook needs a dislike button. And they need a way to add comments to the "xxxxxx like Let's see if there are 5 million people on FB who believe in God! Press Like if you do! on ♥"

Gag me with a spoon!
September 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
religion.is.stupid. lol im sorry but it really is....so god had to kill so many people just to save 3 lives??? *** kind of god is that??? did those other people on the ship not deserve to be saved?
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 15th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt View Post
I can't stand those types of videos... same with all the chain e-mails. It is all fantasy and people just suck it up and pretend like there is meaning in it.

Facebook needs a dislike button. And they need a way to add comments to the "xxxxxx like Let's see if there are 5 million people on FB who believe in God! Press Like if you do! on ♥"

Gag me with a spoon!
No freakin kidding!!! I am so sick of all of religious pages. We need a rebuttal dang it!
PS that video made me

September 16th, 2010, 04:25 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
http://www.facebook.com/KilikiPow?v=...ist?ref=search
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2cats1dog View Post
It said "like magic" that's why I thought it was a joke!

Let us not forget that the new wife was "the only survivor" from another shipwreck! **** all those poor souls!

Wonder if the poor woman's hubby told her he was responsible for her shipwreck.
September 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
It is stupid, pointless and insane.

It's like a darn ranking system!

If you click "like" then you can be in our group. Ah, it is a stupid clique.

Bah.
Who cares. We're all gonna die, and who knows what happens to us in the after life, but darn it...if God really existed, he wouldn't work this way...This mentality of killing many to save a few, is so man thought!

I always hated when I was a kid, my mother always made me 'fear' God so that I could live life in fear, and in 'check' pfft...You shouldn't live in fear of God. You should live freely and happy. I think that's what controlling humans want you to feel...they just want to control any who are too stupid and gullible, and afraid.

God shouldn't be faced at the Gates of Heaven in fear. :/

Anyway. Stupid facebook and it's stupid 'likes'...Or actually...Stupid religion!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search