Okay...seriously I need some sane people!

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 05:18 PM
MommaJones's Avatar Host of Surrogate Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaJones Send a message via Skype™ to MommaJones
I am "debating" with people on my Facebook. You have to read this...tell me what you think:

Karla Juelfs Meier: Our government has granted the right for Muslim's to pray where they want...the site of 911 in NY? But our kids can't pray in school? What is wrong with this country's leaders? (copied from my cousin Kristie) I have to agree!!

Kathy Friedrichsen: Devil's advocate - pubilc schools are funded by the government. The building bought with independant funds for the mosque wer bought privately. I'm not saying I agree with the mosque location but that is the difference.

THIS IS ME----Bethany Mumm Jones: Praying in school makes other children have to be involved. If the Muslim's get to build the mosque (which I think they should get to...1st Amendment!) people who go there, choose to go there. They are not forced into that building. And act...ually, if more people would read up on the actual building, it is something that will be not just a place for prayer, but a community center for children, families and welcome ALL religions. They are the GOOD part of Islam and I wish more people would realize that. These are the good people, not the horrible ones that kill our soldiers and flew the planes into the WTC.
And honestly, it shouldn't matter where the building is. Prayer to God should be something that every religious person should have a right to do. Nobody tells you what church to go to or where you can and can't talk about your religion. Yet with Islam, it is so restricted because of the fear in this country. The person who wants to open this center was sent to the Middle East by President Bush to try and have peace between the two countries. He was good enough to do that for OUR country. Why can't he open a center to continue that good and service?See More

Karla Juelfs Meier Well my money helps to fund those schools too and that is private so the bastards can lay off the bull**** and start using the balls that GOD gave them and say NO - our problem is that we don't want to hurt feelings - TOUGH ****!! I am sick of people using us, hurting each other, and all for the sake of political correctness? Tell it to GOD when you meet him - he handed out Commandments not suggestions!!

HER SPEAKING TO ME DIRECTLY----Karla Juelfs Meier Bethany - until you go over and fight as my brother and nephews have - picking up the pieces of the Muslim religion for those who have been born into the bull**** with no choices - don't you dare speak of how they have any rights in this country. Go to their countries and brag about being a CHRISTIAN and see what happens!! If they don't like us they can move back to their dirt poor, camel packing, **** holes and let Allah save their *****!!

Kathy Friedrichsen Commandments are not a part of the United States Government. There are all kinds of religions practiced here and the public schools should be (as they are) aware of that. You want your children to have a Christian education, spend the 22 grand a year that we are for Camden. Whatever happened to Christianity having tolerance? Sometimes I wonder with what people say (whatever monotheistic religion they are) and where the tolerance and love that they preach. They hypocracy just is appauling and disgusting.

Karla Juelfs Meier: Oh and I will pray to GOD that he punishes those who need it and gives grace to those who deserves it! I know where I stand and I'm done with handouts to everyone!!

Kathy Friedrichsen: The anger that is inside of you is something that you should really pray about.

ME AGAIN----Bethany Mumm Jones: Sadly, praying to your God to hurt those who you think deserve it is so far from being a good Christian woman. They have just as much rights in this country as I do. If they become a legal United States citizen, that is the price they get... for becoming one. My cousin is over there right now fighting for our freedom. I love him and hope he comes home safe. But at the same time, just because I haven't been over there doesn't mean that I can't say that people deserve human rights. You can't deny people human rights. It is unethical and immoral. Christians are the first people to judge, the first to jump on the train of telling others how to live their lives, and yet, are the first to say that they will be the first ones into their heaven. According your religious texts, only one person can judge, and that is your God.See More

Dorothy Reese-Pingel: There is a difference between religion and faith! The religous zealouts is what killed the people in the WTC! That is hallowed ground! How would you like it if your relative died there and the religious nuts wanted to build where your re...lative died? That is a burial site! They
never found all the bodies. It is disrespectful for that to be there!!! What happened to the values in this country??????????? What the hell is our country becoming????????????????????????See More

ME AGAIN-----Bethany Mumm Jones Wait....wait...wait......the people who are building the mosque are NOT the fanatics that killed the people in the trade centers. READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK! The people who want to open the building are the EXACT opposite of the religious fanatics who flew the planes. Seriously....the thing that is happening in this country is called believing everything you hear on TV and the mass media. If anyone would spend 10 minutes reading about the person who wants to open it, you would be AMAZED at what you learn!
Saying they are the same is like saying that all Germans hated the Jews and agreed with Hitler. Or that all Christians are against gay marriage. or saying that all white people are to blame for slavery. Seriously....

Dorothy Reese-Pingel you are missing the point! it is hallowed ground! that is why our soldiers are over in the Middle East at this particular time to fight for our safety, or did you forget that? you need to decide which side your on!

WOW...is all I can say.
Try 3--May 2011-miscarried at 5 weeks
Transfer 4---PREGNANT!!! BFP @ 5.5dp3dt Beta at 11dp3dt was 164.6

Ultrasound showed TWO BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that Karla person is quite a piece of work isn't she! What a disgusting [starts with C and rhymes with PUNT] she sounds like.

And as far as the "hallowed ground" B.S... remind her that it's not ON ground zero, it's TWO BLOCKS AWAY. And if that's not enough, ask her exactly what distance from ground zero she thinks is acceptable. I'd love to see her answers, lol.
September 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Yea....the conversation got even better! LOL

Karla Juelfs Meier I have more tolerance in my life than you will ever know - because I try to live as God wants me to - but I will use my Freedom of Speech and my First Amendments Rights as I want - You don't have to agree with it -that is your right - but mentioning the money in the same breath as religion - yep that's a Catholic!

Kathy Friedrichsen Thank you, there are like what? 2 billion muslims in the world and to say they are all bad people is outrageous. At some point I wish that all in this country that claimed that they are"christians" woudl actually act like it!!! The hate and judgement of others is against everyting that they are for, yet fall into the trap.

Bethany Mumm Jones Kathy----your post has made the most sense out of this entire conversation. If you are Christian....well then...you are one **** good one!

Dorothy Reese-Pingel Kathy, you need to learn to distinguish between the good and the bad! There are good white people and bad white people, good black people and bad black people, good muslims and bad muslims. For them to build in that site is an insult to the families of those that died! Whether they are good or bad!!!!!!!! Too many hurt feelings!!!!!!!!!!! They are throwing what happened in the face of Americans!!!!!

Bethany Mumm Jones Well then I think that there should be no churches built anywhere that Native Americans lived. That is HALLOWED ground and should be respected as such!

Dorothy Reese-Pingel They have preserved the Native American burial sites, google it!

Kathy Friedrichsen Karla - if your last comment about money and being a catholic was geared towards me, that is something that I am not. We choose to spend money on a private school to jump start Cam's education. It just happens to be a non-denominational school. I am not against religion but I am when it comes to education. I do believe children should be taught education BUT seperate from school.

Bethany Mumm Jones How do you think they feel? Christians came here, killed almost all of them, put them on reservations and told them how they can live. And every day, the families have to wake up to that reality. The ground their ancestors called home was ruined and then taken away by "good christian people". It is no different than what you are saying.

Karla Juelfs Meier-OH dear -as we all fight for our ideas and feelings to be heard and understood are we not all judging each other because of them? I merely stated that should they want to build or be part of this country - they should let others do the same... in theirs. Now that we each think the others are wrong and unChristian or whatever - did we not judge? Oh **** - we are all human!!

Kathy Friedrichsen Once again people overlook the facts and only focus on their feelings. @Dorothy, to seriously think that the government has preserved the Native American burial sites and that is good enough is a very ignorant saying. Yet getting completely... off of subject. 9-11 was a great tragedy just like the crusades that the "Church" led. Just because part of the religion believes in it doesn't mean all of them do. 2 billion, a monothestic religion that has most of the same morals and values as a Christian. I am NOT a Christian, Muslim or Jew yet I have respect for everyone and every religion. I was raised as a Christian and though I do not believe in the religion, it boggles my mind how my parents were able to raise me to have respect for all yet those who PREACH the religon shame it.

Bethany Mumm Jones Honestly, I have no fear of judging because I am not a person of religion. I do not believe that one day I will be judged by a god and put to a place where flames burn eternally those who have sinned and not accepted Jesus Christ as their s...avior. I am not judging anyone on this conversation. Only trying to show people that sometimes, in order to learn, you have to understand from other people's point of view. This is America, you can have your religion, and shout it from the rooftops but you have to have allow others to practice freely as well.
As for the WTC site, the community center is BLOCKS away, not actually on the physical site where the buildings were hit. We have to move on from 9/11 and realize that as horrible as it was, we can't blame everyone who practices Islam on that day.See More

Karla Juelfs Meier
Oh Bethany - I never pray that harm comes to ANYONE - EVER! And if you knew my past you would know that. If I want harm to come to you - I would do it myself and pray for forgiveness! (just kidding you people are getting out of hand)
Kathy ...- everyone knows that Catholics are all about the money and for you to be the only one who threw that out there - enough said. This is a debate and has no bearing on my feelings toward you and your family. We all have a right to our opinions - if you take offense - I'm sorry. But I believe what I believe, feel what I feel and since I was born here I have that right. Thank you God for putting me in America!!

Kathy Friedrichsen You should feel thankful that you were born in a country that supposidly has religious freedom. A country that is not founded on one type of religion or another. It you would research "God" that term (translated) is in all monotheistic religions. As for being Catholic, that is something that I am not. I am an Agnostic.

Bethany Mumm Jones
I know you would personally never want anyone to have harm come to them.
and I agree with Kathy, everyone should be lucky enough to have the freedoms that come with living in America. But sadly, many don't see those freedoms because people ...try and push their views on others and try and take those rights away. For example, the very subject we are debating. These people are American Citizens who are being threatened for wanting to bring a spiritual center to a place where it is needed. Of all people. Christians should be the first to say they are happy to see a place of worship rather than an abandoned building where people can sell drugs, rape others and hold gang meetings. Why let it sit empty when there can be something of benefit to the community? And just to make a point...not all Catholics are about the money. In face, many catholics just like other religions have a variety of people of all types of social situations. I grew up strict catholic and dirt poor. But I am not Catholic anymore either, for I am atheist.See More

Dorothy Reese-Pingel Listen here Kathy I wasn't the one who brought up the Native Americans, look at the history, so don't be pointing fingers at me! If that religion wanted to bring peace to the people in this country they picked the wrong place to do it!!!!!!!!!! I don't condemn any religion, I just comdemn the nuts/zealouts in those religions that will do intentional harm based on some s cued sense of right.

Bethany Mumm Jones
You don't condemn any religion..yet you say this: Whether they are good or bad!!!!!!!!

Ummmm.....think you are a little confused on the word condemn. You don't care whether they are good or bad, you think they are all wrong and therefore th...ey shouldn't be allowed to build there because people died there. Yes it was horrible. Yes it was a tragedy and an act of terrorism.

I want no churches to be built in Salem Massachutes for the horrible deaths people had to suffer through because of the trials of witchcraft.See More

Karen Dykshoorn Lots is wrong with this country's leaders. The only word to describe what is going on in this country on alot of different topics is STUPID... plain STUPID.

Bethany Mumm Jones Okay fine, how far away is acceptable to you for this building to be built? 1 mile? 5 miles? out of state?

September 15th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Wow. That lady gets a Stupid Slap. My grandparents talk like her. DisGUSting.
September 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
There is so much stupid in that debate I don't know where to begin. You know when something is so funny it's just sad? That's how I feel about the opposing arguments for the community center.
I loved your responses though. And Kathy's. Dorothy needs to chill out with the !!!!!!! The only funny/logical thing Karla said was "And if you knew my past you would know that. If I want harm to come to you - I would do it myself and pray for forgiveness! (just kidding you people are getting out of hand)" which made me

September 16th, 2010, 06:29 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
it just amazes me how some people call them selves "christian" seriously?? maybe if they sat down and looked at how they thought about things and thought about their religion they would realize they are crazy!! which i doubt...cause they are CRAZY!!!! lol
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 16th, 2010, 10:46 AM
UH Thanks for making me feel normal again! Last night I was trapped in a world of stupid! Then this morning this guy emails me and tells me I need to move over there, let them adopt me (and by them and there he means overseas, Iraq) and then they will put a bomb on me, let me go to my kids' school and blow it up. And then I will go to heaven with 7 virgins. Oh how I wanted to just go off on him!!! Stupid stupid people!!! I wanted to say, and you think your fairytale is any better?

September 16th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Are you serious??? Wow... I don't even know what to say to that. There are some crazy mofos out there. Holy crap.

September 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJones View Post
UH Thanks for making me feel normal again! Last night I was trapped in a world of stupid! Then this morning this guy emails me and tells me I need to move over there, let them adopt me (and by them and there he means overseas, Iraq) and then they will put a bomb on me, let me go to my kids' school and blow it up. And then I will go to heaven with 7 virgins. Oh how I wanted to just go off on him!!! Stupid stupid people!!! I wanted to say, and you think your fairytale is any better?
now that is just one ignorant person right there!! how can ppl just sit there and say horrible things like that and call themselves christians????
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 25th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
That's one awesome Ignorant person!

Good for you tho, standing your own! I think you were spot on, and very smart! I hate when people argue and act childish! Use childish profanity! Tells you much about them, eh?

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search