Baby Shoes

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UGHH! Do they all have to be hyper pink? Pink, pink with flowers, pink with pink stripes!

So, we bought her a pair of hard soled black Converse.
October 6th, 2010, 10:55 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
lol! and not only pink but so expensive??? for baby shoes?!?!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 6th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
We have good luck with brown shoes. I try to avoid pink too. We'll usually have 1 pair of shoes with pink and keep the rest white, black, brown, etc.

October 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we had good luck with brown too. i loved them, my mom said 'she's a girl, where's the pink??' hahaha....

i really almost never put shoes on them till they walked though, they were too expensive!! and really not necessary until they are up on their feet.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
October 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
We just bought Cait a pair of black skate shoes. Seriously, every single pair of girl-shoes in the store = pink. Vomit.
October 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
yea we never bought shoes either until she was of walking age and we mostly drove everywhere and used shopping carts so Kioura was always in socks, the first pair of shoes we bought her also were a pair of grey converse. Even now it's a hassle to find a decent pair of shoes or sneakers without them being pink, glitter or having some character on them which doesnt go with a lot of outfits.
October 6th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it when I see little girls dressed in black, brown, blue, or anything that ISN'T pink actually. I think if I was pregnant and knew I was having a girl, I wouldn't tell most people so that I could avoid everything they bought us being pink.
October 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I had a gigantic hormonal fit when I was pregnant telling everyone that my daughter would NOT be dressed in pink. The clothes that I got at my shower were kick butt! It really got people to look outside of the box. I've lightened up a little now and she does have a few pink outfits.

Oh and as far as shoes go... She does have one pink pair. Her father bought them and she loves to use them as a teether.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
October 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That was my big thing. I just did not want my daughter to dress in that sparkly, "I'm a lil' Princess" stuff. I really want to instill in her a sense of self worth, self reliance. Most of the girls I went to high school/college with were no in search of an education, but a man who could take care of them. That's just not for me, and I hope not for her.
October 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I WISH I had said no pink for my showers! We had a ridiculous amount of pink clothing and toys. I don't mind some pink, but I hate everything being pink. We get enough pink gifts from family so I avoid buying it myself.
I know it probably wasn't meant that way, but my daughter will have a sense of self worth and self reliance even though she wears pink and princess themed clothes. I can't stand the idea that it has to be one or the other. All pink and princesses = codependent woman who can't take care of herself without a man or no pink princess stuff = strong, independent woman. Maggie, I don't think you meant it that way for everyone. I understand that has just been in your experiences with people. I'm not trying to pick on you or what you said, just adding my opinion.
Kaley is a TOTAL girly girl and has been for as long as I can remember. I couldn't stand princess themed stuff- especially Disney, but she saw a princess toy somewhere at one point and has been obsessed with princess stuff since then. I let her indulge in moderation but in addition to her princess toys, she has trucks, airplanes, legos, etc. I try to make sure she is equally exposed to everything and more than anything else, I try to let her pick out what SHE wants. It's just USUALLY girly stuff. I really hope she gets over the princess phase soon though.
She's more a fan of red than pink, but if I gave her the choice to pick out a shirt for herself more times than not it will be a more "girly" color rather than blue or brown. She has all kinds of different clothes: white, pink, red, blue, purple, brown, dresses, pants, skirts, etc. She has a diverse closet. I don't like when kids have ALL pink clothes or ALL princess themed stuff but out of 10-15 shirts Kaley may have 1 princess shirt. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
We're doing her 3 year pictures soon and 1 outfit is blue and brown and the other is black, white and yellow. Her birthday outfit for the day of her party is pink though and she picked it out. Her room is black, white, and pink and she picked that out too. Her backpack is princess themed and again, she picked it out. Same with her sunglasses. I give her the freedom to choose a lot and if she heavily leans toward something, like princess stuff, I try to balance it out with other toys/clothes that would be considered more "boyish."
Sorry to go off on a rant. I just wanted to add in my opinion.

October 7th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No not at all! I know this sounds cheesy, but my life experiences have totally made me resent the color pink. Yes, I 100% know how irrational that sounds.

Living in the south, land of beauty pageants and make up, one common theme was always present: You are to always look your best, get your high school diploma and marry the most wealthy/most potential having man around.

I always wondered why I had to marry the doctor, why couldn't I be the doctor, or why I couldn't be the athlete or the scientist. Why was it always the man?

I in NO WAY at all take offense to your post. I like that you have balance there, that is important.
October 8th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I even don't like Pink, the singer! LOL jk.

Seriously...I agree with you all.

Pink is stupid!
People need to start being creative, and quit being lazy and following the norm.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
October 9th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
thinkgeek has the best little girl's t-shirt ever. And apparently they aren't big fans of people posting their images on different websites. So here's a link: ThinkGeek :: Self-Rescuing Princess - Kids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search