Really freaking weird!

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Veteran
I come here and vent with all y'all. I think religion is ridiculous. However, most of my friends from way back when are pretty addicted the the spirit! I try to just roll with their stupidity, unless they go out of their way to push their views on me.

One of these friends is married to her junior high sweet heart--you know, the kids who never dated until sixteen, then married asap when they were 19--and literally took three days to have sex because they'd never even kissed until their wedding day. Well he's a pastor and she stays home with their three kids. Their oldest was born without a jaw bone--like God just stepped out to lunch and didn't give her one, right?

Okay, anyway... Other than her occasional references to the church softbAll team, I can pretty much just appreciate that her trials as a mother and wife aren't much different than my own. That is, until every month or so when she posts on Facebook, "Dear God, can the end of time come already? I really miss my grandmother." "I can't wait until I die, so I can be with my grandmother again."

What on earth!?! Really?

I know we always think about the ridiculousness that is everyday Christian life--Jesus will make all my choices, I'll put it all in His hands, etc.

But that is really ****** weird--and a little bit scary.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

October 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whoa! you had me till the end there!

i honestly would be a bit worried...is she depressed??

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
October 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Kathryn Marie's Avatar Super Mommy
Creepy!!!! I hate when people post on facebook about prayer and crap. its annoying. but that is super freaking wierd!
October 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Veteran
I don't know. I wouldn't think she's depressed. I haven't seen them in person in ten years. I guess you can never really know from communication only on facebook.

Even stranger is that at least 10 people "like" her posts when she makes them!

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

October 19th, 2010, 08:57 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
wow now that is a bit off the wall even for a christian LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Yeah... that is odd. I think something mental is going on with her like depression or something. Maybe she needs grief therapy.

October 19th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if Facebook has become the new "church" or what. But it seems (just like the regular churches) people want to make a spectacle of their faith. Every time I log on there is a "god week" or show god how much you love him, etc post.

It is really starting to be a contest to see who can put the most tacky, cloud filled pic up on their FB.
October 19th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
I totally agree about that bit with wanting to die to be with grandma being a bit scary and depressive! I get missing people who die and fearing mortality (both happen whenever someone kicks it), but.. I mean, really, if she was given two weeks to live, would she be happy about leaving her family and children? And I *hope* that the "Likes" are just the other Christians who read that as "Christian misses grandma" and not "Lady sounds suicidal, get help."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search