thanksgiving and black friday....

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
what are the plans for thankgiving? where are you going? who is cooking

and are you braving the elements to go shopping on black friday?
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

November 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are going to my cousins house for thanksgiving.

We are usually big Black Friday shoppers, but we are about broke this year . This year I am heading up to the outlet mall outside of Indianapolis (about an hour drive). I'm hoping to get there by midnight. I am only going to buy the kids some clothes. I'm trying to get DH to buy some things that I was planning on buying. I am wanting him to pick up a BB gun at Meijers for DS, the barnyard moon dough set at KMart, and a moon dough pack at Walmart. Oh, and I am going to Meijers on Thanksgiving for some socks that are on sale...and there was something else, but I can't remember what.

November 21st, 2010, 05:28 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Thanksgiving: AM at my parents', PM at his parents'. Caitie will be spending the night at his parents' house, because...
We both have to work on Black Friday. Argh. I really enjoy working on Black Friday - the long shift, sharing the excitement that people have about their purchases - but now that both of us work in retail (well, one of his jobs is in retail, anyway), stuff like Black Friday is awfully inconvenient. This will be the first time we're leaving Caitie with his parents overnight. I mean absolutely no offense, because I love my almost-in-laws, but I don't trust his mother to be attentive enough in the morning. Cait's an early riser (6am is on the late side of normal for us), and his mom doesn't usually get out of bed until 11am. So I'm worried. I hope I'm worried for nothing.

As far as shopping goes... Probably not. I'm working 4a to 3p, and I'm probably gonna be dead on my feet when I get out. Unless I find a deal I can't pass up (it happened last year, and we ended up driving an hour north to buy a sewing machine after I worked for 12 hours), I'm planning on coming home and vegging out on the couch.
November 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Squirrely's Avatar Member
My husband has to work Thanksgiving day, so the kidlet and I will hang out at my parents' house until he gets off work. Then he's taking her to his dad and step-mom's while I go stand in the freezing cold for Toys R Us's Thurs night sale, which starts at 10pm. My parents and I do all the cooking because no one else can be trusted to do it. This year I'm bringing 2 sides and a cheesecake.

Last year was my first Black Friday shopping experience (though I've worked it when I was in retail) and I'm happy to not be going out this year. We have 8 other kids to buy for besides our own, so between what Walgreens is having on Thursday and TRU on Thurs night, I'll be about 97% done!

"You can spoil a child with presents, not presence." --unknown
November 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
You couldn't pay me enough to leave my house on Friday.
I'm cooking for Thanksgiving and we are having family over. Only about 11 people total. I am getting a lot done tonight though so I have less work to do tomorrow.

November 24th, 2010, 04:10 PM
tiredmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
You couldn't pay me enough to leave my house on Friday.
I'm cooking for Thanksgiving and we are having family over. Only about 11 people total. I am getting a lot done tonight though so I have less work to do tomorrow.
ditto! (only we are having 17 people total)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search