Agnostic father losing custody

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Squirrely's Avatar Member
I don't have any more info than what is given here, but if this is as it seems, I am steamed. Any other Hoosiers here want to join me at his protest?

Custody Battle: Father claims he lost children due to religious beliefs - fox59.com

"You can spoil a child with presents, not presence." --unknown
November 24th, 2010, 06:11 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
omg that is just so wrong!!! UGH!!! i hope the judge in that case gets fired for prejudices!!!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

November 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
There's gotta be more to this story. There HAS to.

November 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
There's gotta be more to this story. There HAS to.
There has to be.

I am a Hoosier, but I am so out of touch with local events. Our tv is always on the Disney channel

November 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Wow. If that's real, that blows.

If I ever divorced my husband, I wouldn't let the 'system' take away his children because of his lack of beliefs.

We're both Agnostic/Atheist in my household...so, they'd take the kids from both of us?

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
November 27th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Squirrely's Avatar Member
There is more to the story, but nothing in it warrants this man losing so much of his visitation rights with his kids. I've read a few newspaper articles and it comes down to some mud slinging from both parents. She says he has anger issues (but no allegations of abuse were ever made) and texts her a lot; He says she has left the 3 kids home alone on several occasions and doesn't buckle them in the car.

And while meeting and their designated location to drop of the kids, the mother's boyfriend told this guy to get away from their van, the dad told him he was just saying goodbye and would leave soon, boyfriend jumped out and initiated a fight. Police were called and the boyfriend admitted to starting the fight.

Believe me, I don't take things at face value. But I have yet to find anything in this case that would cause this man to have his visitation taken away. The court report is visible online and contains nothing helpful at all. But the fact that the judge made mention of this man's agnosticism in the report and blames it for the mom and dad's troubles communicating is telling.

"You can spoil a child with presents, not presence." --unknown
November 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not from a divorced family, so my view is only from an outsider. But it seems like when a divorce happens one side, or both, always try to use an angle to hurt the other, usually via kids. I just think it is disgusting to use a lack of faith as one of those angles.
February 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just saw some posts on Facebook that this father has gotten custody back pending his appeal. Yay, but it sure took long enough!!!

February 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie1975 View Post
I am not from a divorced family, so my view is only from an outsider. But it seems like when a divorce happens one side, or both, always try to use an angle to hurt the other, usually via kids. I just think it is disgusting to use a lack of faith as one of those angles.
Not always. My parents are divorced, and everything was kept extremely civil and always with MY best interests at heart.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search