Wow just wow. Song on a local Radio Show

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was at work yesterday and overheard a snippet of a song on the radio, but was too busy to go listen to the actual words. What I heard was something about "Atheist Tree" and "Fire" so I figured it was insulting. When I got home I started to search the internet for the song to hear the words. I never found it, but DH found it for me this morning. This link is not to yesterday's broadcast, but one from 2008. While the song itself is stupid, you really can't seriously try to threaten an atheist with hell anymore than you can threaten an adult with the boogie man for not eating all their veggies. But the terrible part is the shear ignorance of the two men talking after the song. Of course I don't know why it suprises me at all since "Bubba's" 3 year old son got into their back yard unattended a few years ago, fell into their pool, and drowned. In his public response to the tragic accidental death of his son he went on and on about how "God" was using that tragedy and his grief to help bring his listeners closer to God. God is one sick SOB.

Atheist Tree

Just FYI I always change to a different station when my boss isn't there.

December 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
OMFG. Any radio station up here would get SLAUGHTERED if they allowed that crap. (Other than the Christian stations that no one listens to anyway.) Unfrickingbelievable.
Honestly, I don't think I could ever live in the South. You guys get most of the warm weather, but it appears that idiots also abound down there. F that.
December 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All you had to say was Bubba. I know exactly who you are talking about. Those guys are such an embarrassment.
December 16th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do need to make a correction. It was Rick's son that died, not Bubba's.

December 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
That actually made me laugh but get angry all at the same time. What a bunch of morons. They should put their "creativity" to good use- like exploring their holy bible and all of it's fallacies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search