i find it facinating...

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2011, 07:40 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
that people are still worshiping something that is no longer needed...ie god/gods...etc.....clearly gods and goddesses were created because there was no other explanation of the why and how things happened....but now that we have the explanations....it just boggles my mind how people STILL hold onto this idea.....i guess it gives them comfort.....and give them hope (false as it is) that there is something after we die....but what would be the purpose of having an "afterlife" anyways??? i mean we die for a reason....so things can evolve and grow....that is the purpose of life......for new things to come....not to just live and go on to "live again" in the after life.....well thats my take on it anyways LOL...anyways the whole point of this was me doing a google search about the first recorded god(s) and i came up with this...lol found it pretty cool to read through the various answers and stuff

Who is the earliest, recorded god(s)? ? - Yahoo! Answers

ohh and check out the pagan deity that is very similar to jesus...which in itself i find fascinating...crazy how christians can take all the pagan stuff and twist it to their own liking

Life-death-rebirth deity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
that people are still worshiping something that is no longer needed...ie god/gods...etc.....clearly gods and goddesses were created because there was no other explanation of the why and how things happened....but now that we have the explanations....it just boggles my mind how people STILL hold onto this idea.....i guess it gives them comfort.....and give them hope (false as it is) that there is something after we die....but what would be the purpose of having an "afterlife" anyways??? i mean we die for a reason....so things can evolve and grow....that is the purpose of life......for new things to come....not to just live and go on to "live again" in the after life.....well thats my take on it anyways LOL...anyways the whole point of this was me doing a google search about the first recorded god(s) and i came up with this...lol found it pretty cool to read through the various answers and stuff

Who is the earliest, recorded god(s)? ? - Yahoo! Answers

ohh and check out the pagan deity that is very similar to jesus...which in itself i find fascinating...crazy how christians can take all the pagan stuff and twist it to their own liking

Life-death-rebirth deity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm not really surprised. There will always be situations that are difficult or impossible to explain. The idea of a god makes people feel better. When you think about it, it's kind of scary to think there is no afterlife. You die and you're done. It's equally scary to me to think there is an afterlife where you worship a conceited, arrogant, violent God forever but I get why it appeals to others. I firmly believe that people believe in god(s) to make themselves feel better.
Have you seen Religulous? They go over gods similar to Jesus a lot in that movie.

January 27th, 2011, 05:58 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
lol yeah for me its more scary to have an afterlife haha

no i haven't seen that movie....i'll have to check that out!!

yeah that link for the life-death-rebirth deity had a whole list of them its crazy....for me seeing stuff like this makes me even more firm in my standings that there is no god....and i always thought okay maybe there was a man named jesus....was he the son of god? no...was he born from a virgin? hell no....but maybe there could have been a man who did godo deeds but the christians just elaborated on him a bit....but now that i read about these life-death-rebirth deitys...makes me think what evidence really is there that there was a jesus? none? all fabricated? probably never was a man named jesus LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
i know this is late, but sometimes i think poeple believe in god because they can put blame onto something.

i used this example the other day to explain on my facebook about why i dont believe in god and that its just a cop out on taking responsibility of your life.

i used the duggar family as my example. Their last child was born extremely premature and because michelle had pre e very eary on in her pregnancy she is liekly to have it again (ive suffered with severe pre e with all 3 of my pregnnacies, but my earliest birth was 32 weeks). Her maternal age is getting older and with that more complications are expected and preeclampsia is affected by age. So with that bieng said when they were asked if they were going to have more children, they said they are leaving it up to god. That really pisses me off cuz all i can think is you instead of taking responsibility for your fertility and a childs wellbeing, you would rather risk another baby, who may not be as lucky as their last hcild to make it. IT wasnt god that saved that child, it was modern medicine. And if the next child is born as premature they may not survive with modern medicine. So really i believe god is a cop out, cuz ppl say oh its in gods plan that i do this, or god has a plan for me i just have to follow it. LIKE *** take charge of your life, use the brain you were born with. Stop using god as a fall back plan because he doesnt exist. Its just a thing you say to take the blame off yourself and pass it off so you can do whatever you want and not take responsibility for your actions.. like really. sorry i hope this was in the right place to put this.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search