God gave you your birthday?

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tomorrow is my birthday and a family member of mine commented that I really need to be thankful because god gave me my own special day. She went on to claim that god doesn't get his own day and that our birthdays are predetermined by him and I should be thankful I get one. All I could do was remain puzzled. We're all born, therefor we all have a birthday correct? Believing in god or not does not matter and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Sunday typically god's day in christianity? Thoughts on this?

February 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
LOL. What is the alternate? No birthday? I don't get it. That seems silly to me.
I was always raised to believe Sunday was a day of rest, not necessarily God's day. Just a day you weren't supposed to work or whatever.

February 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Veteran
You know, aside from the whole, you know 100,000 people getting into heaven thing..... I always pretty much felt that the Jehovah's Witnesses were truest to any kind of religion with their belief that birthdays, holidays, and devotion to one's country was wrong because it drew attention from God. I mean, doesn't a birthday glorify you instead of the idol you should worship?

But I digress. I've had people say stupid stuff like that to me and I've just rolled my eyes. I've been told to thank Jesus because I got an A in a class.... because, you know, those all nighters and the baggies full of note cards had NOTHING to do with doing well.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

February 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm speechless. Takes on a whole other level of stupidity.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
February 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy birthday! (a little late).

February 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you^

February 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would NOT have been able to resist saying, "Oh, and here I thought that my mother, through the act of expelling me from her uterus, gave me my birthday. Oh silly me!" Yeah, I can't help my smartassedness sometimes.

Happy birthday by the way.
February 7th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Yes, Happy Birthday!

February 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like that and thank you all for the birthday wishes. It went very well yesterday and I got more than I expected.

February 9th, 2011, 06:07 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ohh wow that is a first!! LMAO!! i would have had something smartassed to say too!!! about the whole sex and labor and birth stuff!!! lmao
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 11th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I could not ask for more.
LMFAO. Wow, I never knew that! Totally insane and ridiculous. I would of probably said something smart to her... but that's just me now-a-days... I'm getting very fed up with all these religious people trying to "spread the word" of god.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search