really???

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
someone just posted on fb that the caffeine withdrawals are killing them...and to PRAY for them...really thats what you want people to pray for?? not sick kids...or world peace or anything WORTH a ****...but cause you are having caffeine withdrawals?!?! ahhh religion at its best right there!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

April 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"Screw Libya, and starving children, and African rape victims, and oppressed women in the middle east, and everyone else.... FIX MAH HEADACHE GAWD! Amen."
April 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
OMG you ladies kill me!!! LMAO too funny!!

Dont even get me started on the subject of prayer... we just battled this one out on a preemie forum I visit on another site where atheists are the vast minority LOL. It was 119 replies strong and growing last time I checked!!

oop... I lied, 121 replies and still growing LMAO

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy
April 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
ugh

April 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would've responded, well, have a coffee then. lol

April 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Tell them that perhaps Japan was quaked and tsunami'd because God was too busy answering inane prayers like caffeine withdrawal headache relief.
April 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna. View Post
Tell them that perhaps Japan was quaked and tsunami'd because God was too busy answering inane prayers like caffeine withdrawal headache relief.
lol right?

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

April 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL recently posted on FB for people to pray for her and my BIL because they're losing their house to foreclosure. What she failed to mention was how they hadn't bothered to pay their mortgage for 9 months prior. Mind you, it wasn't that they didn't have the money. Their finances were exactly the same leading up to the point where they didn't pay anymore. They just didn't pay it-- for 9 months!

Now it's been a full year since they stopped paying and finally the date is coming for them to get out. Gee, I wish I could not pay my mortgage and live absolutely free for a year. But like a putz, I pay on time every month.

End of my OT rant.

And back to topic-- yeah, it's amazing what some people will pray for. Especially things that are well within their own control.
July 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
Ridiculous. I am constantly asking my mom why this war is still happening if her god is so powerful. All she has to do is ask "god" to help her find her other black sock and... zing! Thanks, for the help buddy!

You can't reason with these people!!!
July 14th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Veteran
A friend of mine from high school has recently found Jesus. She has a 10 year old son... it was recently his first baseball game of the season. The forecast was for rain. Her facebook update went something like this, "I was walking past Jordan's room last night and heard him praying to Jesus that the weather will hold out tonight. It was clear and perfect until twenty minutes after the game! Praise JESUS! Thank HIM for showing my son he exists!"

Never mind all the prayers from the farmers for rain to keep their crops growing, so they could feed the whole town, and maintain the economy of their marking community....

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

September 14th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Karen P.'s Avatar Veteran
This is what kills me about going on my FB... almost every single status is "pray for this - pray for that" or "our god is awesome" or whatever... most of it is nonsense stuff they are praying for anyways.. One group I am part of (I don't even participate bc they are all SUPER religious) every day its "I prayed for you today.." or I get invites to bible studies.. one girl finally spoke up and said something about how they needed to cool it on all the religious stuff bc not everyone in that group may be religious and the post mysteriously disappeared..

I get so tired of seeing it every day - heck every other post..

http://www.Facebook.com/KarenPickardFitness
September 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Double ugh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search