Just a vent

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
AutumnMommy's Avatar formerly LisaSmeesa
I watch a friend's 2.5yo periodically. She plays really well with my son, who just loves her. My friend (the dad) is agnostic and his ex is very Christian (she has told my friend that he is going to go to hell for being agnostic). Anyway, their whole situation is complicated and his ex drops the daughter off at my house. Ever since she found out I'm an athiest, she (the mom) has become rather annoying. I'm not sure if this is genuine or if she's trying to be annoying. When she drops her daughter off, they come in singing "Jesus loves me" and I just pretty much ignore that. Then last time, she sent her daughter over with a Bible. I opened the door and was faced with a Bible-toting 2 year old. When she got in, she pretty much just tossed the Bible down and was playing with my son. When her mom came to get her, I put the Bible in her bag and the mom made a point in saying "Oh, is her Bible in her bag? She would be so upset to be without it. It's very important to her" (she went on and on). It just seems strange to me that a 2 1/2 year old needs to take a bible on a playdate? She didn't seem to be attached to it when she was over...it sort of looked like her mom put it in her hands before coming to the door. I'm not sure if I should say anything to her. This could just be the way she is but it seemed to start as soon as she found out that I'm an athiest (her ex says she is very manipulative). I don't really want to piss her off as I am watching their kid as a favor to the dad, not to her.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

April 9th, 2011, 06:12 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
lol she sounds like a nutcase.....like bringing a bible over will sway you either way?? obviously a 2.5 year old doesn't give a rats bootay about a bible...she doesn't even know what it is!! and i can bet you that the mother has NEVER read anything out of it to her....she just sounds like a "better than thou" POS person....who just wants everyone to think her way.....ignore her.....its not worth the time or effort to speak any words to her....she wouldn't listen anyways....just let her continue being idiotic....and go about your day you only see her a few mins a day anyways...no biggie

although i would be very tempted to say "well shes not too attached to it as soon as she saw my son shew threw the bible down and never looked twice at it" hahahahahahahahahahaha
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

April 9th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I wouldn't say anything. She's probably looking for a reaction or verification for what she thinks. Just play it cool. That's JMO.

April 9th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Thankfully I don't see her too often. I think you're right that she's just looking for a response of some sort from me so I just won't provide one (as tempting as it is...lol). I wonder what she'll come up with next?

April 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I don't know but keep us posted!

July 14th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Veteran
That made me laugh. I think I would have said "wow she can already read and understand the bible--that's impressive for a 2.5 year old".

August 8th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Lol, I know! I ended up telling the Dad, who's a friend of DH's and mine anyway and knows how I feel about that stuff. The next time I saw the mom, she had completely dropped it and was majorly sucking up to me (buying me coffee, stuff like that).
I don't do the visits anymore. They weren't working out with my schedule since we are really active and aren't home a lot. The visits were like 4 hours so it was really hard to find time. Thankfully they found another friend who had the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search