Who Are Our Proud Atheists and Agnostics?

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2006, 12:56 PM
mrsgishie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mrsgishie
not a member of this forum anymore Praise the Lord
DD Sarah Abbey born 9-8-04 (@ 34.3 wks, 5 lbs 1 oz. pre-eclampsia)</div><div align="center">DS Corbin Carroll born 6-29-06 (@ 35.3 wks, 6 lbs 3 oz. pre-eclampsia. emergency c-section)</div><div align="center"><span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium">See MySpace</span></div>
<div align="center"> </div>
December 21st, 2006, 03:48 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
My DH was raised Seventh Day Adventist. He still loosely believes, but prefers to just not talk about it cuz he knows I don't

January 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Lauren

Any Kids: 3 of the furry kind, and about to start trying for the naked type!

Where are you? Louisiana

What are your interests and hobbies? reading (Ayn Rand), movies (M. Night Shyamalan), researching random things (seriously, random things ... formation of tornadoes, sperm whales, the reproductive cycles of coyotes, possible causes of the Second Boer War )

My parents are supposedly Methodist but they're not actually religious. My in-laws, on the other hand ... phew. DF is a deist and I am an atheist. I am still waiting for the pets to tell us what they believe.

</div>
February 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Kyle

Any kids: Not yet, I'm WTTC

Where are you: Illinois

Interests and hobbies: reading, working out, writing, travel, card and board games, friends and family time, crafty type stuff

I was raised Catholic, started out very strict (church and catechism every single week) and by my mid-teens it petered out to C/E Catholicism. I got enough space from it to start questioning. I read the Bible from cover to cover for the first time ever and really, really disliked it. I became agnostic (wasn't ready to come out of the closet as an atheist and still had that hope that maybe god was real but people just worshipped "him" wrongly)... Met my DH in college, he felt the same as me. We explored agnosticism and atheism together. We are big fans of Richard Dawkins. We are both proclaimed atheists now, and my family knows this but his family doesn't. Even though his family doesn't attend church much, they are of the "EVERYONE is Christian" mindset and would describe themselves as god-fearing people.

Although... no one said a thing when we had an entirely secular wedding ceremony with not so much as a mention of god.

June 9th, 2007, 10:16 AM
RahRah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RahRah Send a message via Yahoo to RahRah
Name: Sarah

Age(ish): 19

Any kids: Furbaby, Miles

Where are you? Bowling Green, KY

What are your interests and hobbies?: Listening to music, JM, movies, being lazy

July 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Regular
Name: Ceri

Age(ish):17

Any Kids: 31 months along with a boy :lol:

Where are you?: coeur d'Alene, Id

Interest and hobbies: cooking, baking, reading, sewing, knitting, singing, drawing, writing, listening to music, spending time with my family

July 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
BeckyK's Avatar Super Mommy
Name: Becky

Age(ish): 28

Any kids: none yet

Where are you? : Atlantic Canada

What are your interests and hobbies: Gardening, camping, anything outdoors.

My Chart

Charting your cycle? Try reading Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler</div>
January 6th, 2008, 03:53 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Name: Amanda

Age(ish): 25

Any kids: Chelsea, age 13 months

Where are you? Southern California (But just moved there from Canada)

What are your interests and hobbies?: Oh i like lots of random stuff. I really like reading, especially non-fiction stuff, but i also like tv, especially embarassing shows like gossip girl, and i love babies, and animals, and nature, and the beach....i also like anything to do with home and garden stuff.

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

January 28th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Regular
Name: Miyuki (me-you-key)

Age(ish): 27

Any kids: one is currently cooking

Where are you?: Sunny San Diego

What are your interests and hobbies?: I am all over the place, I read mostly non-fiction books, play video games on my Wii, play with my pet chinchilla, and watch a crap load of reality tv. The cable kind.

I don't dig on organized religion at all and came to find this place b/c the other mommy message board I am in rolls it extra holy-not my bag, baby.
April 4th, 2008, 06:19 AM
SlothProphecy's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to SlothProphecy Send a message via Yahoo to SlothProphecy
Name: Jenn

Age(ish): 21

Any kids: Destiny (4)

Where are you? : Western NY

What are your interests and hobbies?: music, photography, PS3...
April 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Carmen

Any kids: Only Furbabies right now. Hoping for a people baby very soon

Where are you? : Alabama

What are your interests and hobbies?: I am a vet and I love what I do. So animals are my main interest. Hobbies- reading, computer games (not real gamer games, just the little simple ones), playing with the dogs, cross stitching, but I haven't done that much in the last couple of years.

April 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. I thought I posted her a while ago
Name: Lisa
Age(ish): 24

Any kids: Miguel

Where are you? OHIO

What are your interests and hobbies?computer games, computers, music, and movies

May 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Sonya77's Avatar Hip Rockin' Mama
Name: Sonya

Age(ish): 30

Any kids: one daughter, Aislinn born 08/07

Where are you? : Holy Rollin' Loozianna

What are your interests and hobbies?: Reading, buying cookbooks, playing with my little one, trying to be successful domestic goddess...

May 23rd, 2008, 07:49 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Veann

Age(ish): mid-20s

Any kids: One due in January

Where are you? : New Hampshire

What are your interests and hobbies?: Reading, Libertarianism, supporting gun rights, cats, metal music, tv, movies, scrapbooking, playing video games

My husband and I are strong supporters of Science and strong atheists. Both of us come from strict Fundamental Baptist households. Should be fun when we tell my parents what we intend to name our son (provided we have a boy)...

May 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM
maclou's Avatar Super Mommy
Name: Jennifer

Age(ish): 34

Any kids: son Paul, born in Dec 2007

Where are you? : France but will be moving back to Ohio soon (quite a change...)

What are your interests and hobbies?: Reading, studying crime, 80s music, traveling (don't do it as much as I used to, bummer), baking sweet stuff

June 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Theo's Avatar Fall Down, Go Boom
Name: Gin

Age(ish): Early 20's

Any kids: I'm helping raise two of my nieces (3 and 17mos), and WTTC/TTC in the near-ish future (=

Where are you? : Washington, US, but my fiance (James), family and I are moving back to soggy ol' England very soon and can't wait!

What are your interests and hobbies?: My many furkids, horseback riding (teaching and as a hobby!), pony club games, reading, home-preschool for my eldest niece, cooking, school (taking time off right now ), going out with friends, family and Jamey, and keeping my yard free of the scourge of the earth - squirrels.
June 1st, 2008, 11:48 PM
Gray Sea
Name: Gracie

Age(ish): 26ish

Any kids: 2 DD's...Caliah, 5 & Avelina, 3 mos old

Where are you? : Los Angeles CA but moved to Las Vegas from Santa Barbara 4 yrs ago

What are your interests and hobbies?: reading, going to the jacuzzi, cooking...
August 1st, 2008, 01:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Katrina

Age(ish): 17

Any kids: a 7 mo little girl

Where are you? : Arizona

What are your interests and hobbies?: Being a mother. That's about it XD I don't have much of a life LOL

August 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Regular
Wow, I am so glad to see so many Athiest and Agnostics.

Name: Bree

Age(ish): 27

Any kids: 2

Where are you? : Ohio

What are your interests and hobbies?: Computers, gaming, modding, hacking (the good kind).

I've been an Athiest for... eh, well since I was 16. Before that I was pretty forced into a religion and believing. But I've always had the mindset that something just wasn't "right". Or I had the "I am not sure" mindset for a while, and then I became full out SURE.
October 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM
rosehip's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, it is great to see so many atheists and agnostics here! I had no idea. It's one of the things I love about JM -- there's a place for everyone.

Name: Amy

Any kids: trying for our first!

Where are you? : California

What are your interests and hobbies?: reading, writing, drawing, astronomy, cooking, papercraft, politics...

When I asked my Mom as a child whether or not God existed, she answered "Just believe in yourself, and you'll be okay." My parents didn't raise me with any religion. I attended church and buddhist temple, as well as shinto temple a couple times just out of curiosity/courtesy to friends, but I see religion more as very interesting stories. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where I stand on all this, and I've come up with a philosophy for myself so when I die I won't be panicking or anything hehe~ there's no name for it, so I just call myself an atheist. But I love religions, I think they're fascinating and beautiful relics of humanity's past (and present), I just can't see myself adhering to just one single story when there's so many great ones out there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search