The root of all Evil

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
kadydid
Have you all seen these broadcasts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGeL1yFeK6I...ted&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_kcKInudkq4&amp...710&index=1

I was very discouraged by watching these. Itís pretty scary to think of the first guy he interviewed that he is whispering in the presidentís ear, very disheartening.
October 5th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Man that makes me sad Intellectual wasteland...
October 5th, 2006, 01:31 PM
kadydid
Itís so scary for me. I mean some day am I going to have to move? I love my country, but the people in my country scare the hell out of me. And people like that are ruining this country, and the world.

I was so disturbed how that minister, Ted haggard, flat out lied about the eye and the eye and beliefs on evolution. He is a great example of the evangelical pastors over this country lie to their flocks. I was told when I was a kid, that if evolution was true that there would be half monkey people walking around with us???
November 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to GirLStaR
A couple of days ago I saw that same pastor on the news because some man is claiming he's gay and has paid for male prostitutes to have sex with him. I guess they don't know for sure yet, but I wouldn't be very surprised if it was true..
November 6th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Daddy
Quote:
A couple of days ago I saw that same pastor on the news because some man is claiming he's gay and has paid for male prostitutes to have sex with him. I guess they don't know for sure yet, but I wouldn't be very surprised if it was true..[/b]
Haggard was fired... errr... quit before he could be fired. He admitted to improper sexual actions, but denied having sex with the male prostitute he hired numerous times over the last three years. Riiiight. He also admitted to taking meth. He flat out lied to the press when this news came out, and he was fairly convincing, which makes me think he has been lying a long time.

What is really sad is not the fact that he was involved in this relationship and what it does to his family, but it is that this will devastate 14000 of his followers unnecessarily. The whole concept of sin, is a sham. He only made himself a hypocrite because he was forcing these illogical supernatural beliefs on himself and his followers. These 14000 people will be hurt for no valid reason. He did nothing to them except to create a fantasy world that even he himself could not live up to. They all should just go home and realize there is no God, there is no sin, there is little reason to be upset. But instead, they will get a new leader and lick their wounds and keep on doing the same thing until this happens again, and again, and again.
November 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM
irishxrose
Quote:
Quote:
A couple of days ago I saw that same pastor on the news because some man is claiming he's gay and has paid for male prostitutes to have sex with him. I guess they don't know for sure yet, but I wouldn't be very surprised if it was true..[/b]
Haggard was fired... errr... quit before he could be fired. He admitted to improper sexual actions, but denied having sex with the male prostitute he hired numerous times over the last three years. Riiiight. He also admitted to taking meth. He flat out lied to the press when this news came out, and he was fairly convincing, which makes me think he has been lying a long time.
[/b]
It's been headline news here in Colorado, since he was based in Colorado Springs. It disgusts me... yet doesn't surprise me. Makes me wonder how many more such pastors are lying?
November 6th, 2006, 05:20 PM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to GirLStaR
Quote:
QUOTE(smt @ Nov 6 2006, 10:32 AM)

QUOTE(GirLStaR @ Nov 5 2006, 11:22 PM)

A couple of days ago I saw that same pastor on the news because some man is claiming he's gay and has paid for male prostitutes to have sex with him. I guess they don't know for sure yet, but I wouldn't be very surprised if it was true..

It's been headline news here in Colorado, since he was based in Colorado Springs. It disgusts me... yet doesn't surprise me. Makes me wonder how many more such pastors are lying?[/b]
I'm in shock, and I don't even know why! (I said before I wouldn't be surprised) If I'm in shock and don't even believe in religion, I can't imagine how his followers feel...
November 7th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
I thought it was hilarious, honestly. That psychopath is such a two-faced ######.

When I think about how much he rattled on about the evil homosexual sinners, and it turned out he was having sex with male prostitutes - lol. Gawd what a hypocritacal a-ss.

November 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Aubree's Avatar Veteran
LMAO! I was not surprised by this video Richard Dawkins is my hero haha! The deteriation of Intelligence is within this video, lets hope people like Richard and ourselves keep it alive!e wrote an EXCELLENT BOOK called The God Delusion!!

December 19th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Can anyone tell me what was on the video? What did I miss? I NEED TO KNOW

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
January 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Well, the original links only went to two small segments from it, but if you did a simple search on youtube it was a whole two hour documentary type thing (divided up into 10min long segments to fit on youtube).

It was basically Richard Dawkins going around interviewing different religious leaders and religious people and talking with some scientists and some atheists, etc. It was actually REALLY cool. The whole thing was awesome. I believe that the links in first post were to a segment where he interviewed Haggard and the guy was totally scary. Total nutso. The other was a segment on religious people indoctrinating their children to hate people because they're a different religion.

January 3rd, 2007, 07:03 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
man

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search