Biblical Contradictions

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Selected Contradictions

2 Kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Exodus 32:14
Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith . . . not by works.
James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? . . . Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Revelation 22:12
Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

(Jesus speaking)
Matthew 5:16
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.
Matthew 6:1
Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them.

(Jesus speaking)
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
Matthew 10:34
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Genesis 32:30
So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and my life was preserved.”
Exodus 33:11
The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.
John 1:18
No one has ever seen God.

(Jesus speaking)
John 5:31
If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
John 8:14
Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

October 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
nice thank you for those. I am not a believer in the bible once upon a time ago i was but not any more. to me the bible is a fairy tale giving those who need it an extra lean on. something to complete there lifes. i have sat and pondered alot. it seems everyone is preaching religion everyone is saying almost the same things but yet its religion against religion. hmm not very godly huh. anyhow ty for the post.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search