Hey there

Forum: Atheist and Agnostic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Atheist and Agnostic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2006, 06:53 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm LeighAnne, I'm 30, I'm agnostic and so is my fiance (he's 32). Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. We are due to have a little girl in April. She surprised us! We weren't planning this pregnancy. I was in shock for a while, but am now excited!

Here's a bit of my background, My mom grew up Jewish, yet she says she found christ so she calls herself a christian jew (kind of contradictive if you ask me). We've always celebrated Christmas but even as a child I never really got the bliblical meaning... To me Christmas is a holiday to celebrate family. I never felt connected with the Idea of God or believed any of the stories I read in the bible. This bothers my mom. She tells me she prays for me everyday to find God. I told her if he exists and wants me to believe then he'll find me and show himself. She gets so frustrated with me when I say that....

I guess me being pregnant has brought out the "God talk" with everyone.... i get frustrated at times. My mom of course is the worst with it.... but perfect strangers see me pregnant and Say "god bless you honey." I smile and say thank you. But it's getting annoying. I'm not the type to want to get into debates so I don't tell strangers I don't believe.

My fiance on the other hand, he'll debate it with someone to prove that god doesn't exist until pigs start flying if I let him... he loves that stuff! It's always so fun when my mom comes to visit. I have to leave the house when they get into it...

Anyhow, I've gone on long enough. I didn't even see this board. I've been part of JM since Oct.... I usually just hang out in the April DDC. I'm glad I found this section!

have a great night!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
December 30th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Welcome And good luck with your pregnancy

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
January 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Congrats on your little girl!!

You DH sounds like someone I'd get along with! hahaha
It must be so stressful having your mom putting the religion-guilt trip on you. I'm lucky that my mom and I really think alot. She believes in a higher power, but thinks christianity and organized religion is bunk so we have good conversations on that

The total stranger 'god bless you' think would be so weird... Do you live in a really religious area? I do get those religious touchy-feely god loves you email forwards from certain relatives, but I get a zillion pointless forwards from a zillion relatives and they all end up in the trash

Before Kaya I didn't really notice it all so much, but since she was born I'm really sensitive to all the christian crap in the media. It seems like I see it eeevvverrywhere now and it's really frustrating at times. But I'm trying to get myself to shrug it off. Just hard

Well, welcome to the forum!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search