how many of yall have a c section

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
mommytobailie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytobailie
I was just seeing who yall has had a c section? i had one after 21 hours of labor.. and i'm thinking i'm gonna have another with my second.. that way i don't have tons of people waiting at the hospital all day long.. when i had my first baby i had 20 people at the hospital waiting on the arrivel of my baby.. do you yall think it's ok to have another c section if you've already had one??

Kara

Kara 25 yrs old married to ben 26 yrs old
bailie 3 yrs old
TTC #2 for nearly 2 yrs now

<a href="http://www.GlitterMaker.com/</a>

Kara- 26 years old
Ben - 27 years old
Married March 9th 2001
Bailie- 4 years old
January 6th, 2005, 04:52 PM
CindyLou
I had an emergency c-section, and I won't do it again unless it is necessary!!!!!!

It is so hard on your body and the baby! It's not worth it IMO.

I have a girlfriend who had a c-section and was considering doing it again with her second. In the end she delivered vaginally with an epidural and was glad that she had. The VBAC rates are really good, and the recovery is soooo much faster. And I don't want to be recovering from a c-section having atoddler and a newborn no matter how much help I have.

Anyway that is My Opinion. We have to get pg first anyway!
January 6th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Ma2RayPooh
sorry i didnt have one
January 6th, 2005, 06:55 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Personally, I think that everyone should at least try a VBAC...

I never understand the people who wait around while someone is in labour, you are best to not tell anyone. I would also think that your friends and relatives would know enough to not be there! The best environmant for a mother in labour is a relaxing one, that is the hardest thing in labour, a lot of mothers don't relax. When a mom has narcotics it CAN help relax their body, it doesn't always, often it stops labour or slows it, but sometimes that is the only way that her body progresses because she is too tense...

In any case, if I was you, I would attempt a VBAC.

January 6th, 2005, 07:21 PM
JaecobsMommie's Avatar Veteran
I had an emergency crash section. My placenta abrupted. Not only did I almost lose my son, I almost died as well. No I don't want to have an emergency like that again, but I'm not considering a VBAC. I know what to expect, it wasn't that bad on me--of course I have a high pain tolerance as well. ANYHOO. I completely trust my doctor, he's an amazing dr.! Even though we were in an emergency situation he took the time to pray with us before they rushed me away. Once our son was here and everyone was out of danger he come back to my room and prayed with us and blessed our son. My mother was extremely touched....as was I. So, I trust his suggestion and I'm going with a repeat section.
Good luck.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7f2bc">
</a>
January 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
CindyLou
Quote:
Originally posted by JaecobsMommie@Jan 6 2005, 10:21 PM
I had an emergency crash section. My placenta abrupted. Not only did I almost lose my son, I almost died as well. No I don't want to have an emergency like that again, but I'm not considering a VBAC.* I know what to expect, it wasn't that bad on me--of course I have a high pain tolerance as well. ANYHOO. I completely trust my doctor, he's an amazing dr.!* Even though we were in an emergency situation he took the time to pray with us before they rushed me away.* Once our son was here and everyone was out of danger he come back to my room and prayed with us and blessed our son. My mother was extremely touched....as was I.* So, I trust his suggestion and I'm going with a repeat section.
Good luck.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I still don't know why you would go through an unnecessary c-section. It's like having a heart transplant when you have a healthy heart. Abdominal surgery is major!
January 6th, 2005, 07:32 PM
JaecobsMommie's Avatar Veteran

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7f2bc">
</a>
January 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first was a vaginal birth, the 2nd was a c/s (breech), the third was a VBAC.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
January 7th, 2005, 02:02 PM
holly76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to holly76
My first was emergency c-section after many many hours of contractions, second I was going Vaginal but baby said no way after about 6 hours, now with this one, no choice it will be c-section. I hate the recooperation (sp) afterwards. At least with this trip I'll no for sure that I won't have to go thru the labor and trying.
January 7th, 2005, 02:13 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Holly, how come you can't have the option of VBAC this time?

January 8th, 2005, 06:24 AM
mom22boyz
I have had 2 c-sections...my first was in a breech position and he was almost 2 wks late, the second, I decided to have the c-section for my own personal reasons, when I get pg this 3rd time it will be another c-section. The recovery part for me wasn't bad, the first was of course, but the second was easier, mainly because my little boy was sick and had to stay in the hospital 10days and in order for me to see him I had to go to the nursery, so I was willing to do whatever I had to so I could see him!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search