HI I'm new!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to SlaviksMommyTTCn2
Hi I'm new here!! How are you all?? Well ill tell you little about myself, my name is Desiree I'm 18, turning 19 in march, im deaf, (not total deaf I do have some hearing left, I use hearing aids), my bf, Vitaliy (vit for short), is 23 is also deaf, he pretty much don't have any hearing unless I scream in his ears haha, and we have a son, Slavik Jarvis who will be 6 months old on the 16th, he was born july 16th 2004, 1:40pm weighting 8lbs 11oz 22inches, he is deaf also, right ear is profundly deaf and his left ear has some hearing left, he has better hearing than I do, pretty soon he will be using hearing aids. Right now we are ttc for number two! So glad I could be here hopefully I'd find a buddy to chat with :-D please feel free to ask me anything!
Baby Slavik, born on july 16th 2004 1:40pm weighting 8lbs 11oz 22inches long!
Taking a break for TTC #2!!
*baby dust all around!*
January 8th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Squirtsmama
Welcome my name is Helen I have a 6 month old son named Connor he was born 7-11-04. Im not currently TTC but I wanted to stop by and say welcome.
January 8th, 2005, 10:50 PM
WannaBaby's Avatar Veteran
Welcome Desiree! Glad to have you on board!

You said feel free to ask you anything, so here goes. Since your son is also deaf, do you already start to use signing with him? And does he seem to respond to that? Just curious. I find sign language fascinating. My daughter is a feshman in high school and takes American Sign Language as one of her foreign languages (even though it's not foreign, lol). She loves it!

Again, welcome, and best of luck with TTC#2!

Deb

Deb & Danny</font>

January 8th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirtsmama@Jan 9 2005, 12:49 AM
Welcome my name is Helen I have a 6 month old son named Connor he was born 7-11-04. Im not currently TTC but I wanted to stop by and say welcome.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Aww thanks!!
*baby dust all around!*
January 8th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirtsmama@Jan 9 2005, 12:49 AM
[/quote]

Aww thanks!!
*baby dust all around!*
January 8th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WannaBaby@Jan 9 2005, 12:50 AM

You said feel free to ask you anything, so here goes. Since your son is also deaf, do you already start to use signing with him? And does he seem to respond to that? Just curious. I find sign language fascinating. My daughter is a feshman in high school and takes American Sign Language as one of her foreign languages (even though it's not foreign, lol). She loves it!

Deb
[/quote]

Deb, Yes I use sign language with my son, I also speak he does respond to both either way he would observe me, then screech, and talks, (he's a talker! He's also a screecher!! LOL) and he would observe his hands allll the times, even during eating time while eatin from the bottle he'll put his hand front of him and stare at it, and make movement with it, he's trying to learn, he tried to say I love you in sign lanuguage last month, I freaked lol and he tried to said DAD in sign language recently but he's still too young to understand tho! But he does respond to it he will screech whenever I go into other room because he knows I can hear him, but for his father he'll make movement front of him and watching at him, talking, waiting for him to look at him because he knows his dad cannot hear, its pretty amaze to see how he tries to communicate with one of us okay ill shut up I've blabbed long enough lol
*baby dust all around!*
January 9th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Jenni's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to JM!
Wanted to wish you the best of luck!
January 9th, 2005, 04:20 PM
CindyLou
Quote:
Originally posted by SlaviksMommyTTCn2+Jan 9 2005, 01:14 AM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-WannaBaby
Quote:
@Jan 9 2005, 12:50 AM

Deb

Deb, Yes I use sign language with my son, I also speak he does respond to both either way he would observe me, then screech, and talks, (he's a talker! He's also a screecher!! LOL) and he would observe his hands allll the times, even during eating time while eatin from the bottle he'll put his hand front of him and stare at it, and make movement with it, he's trying to learn, he tried to say I love you in sign lanuguage last month, I freaked lol and he tried to said DAD in sign language recently but he's still too young to understand tho! But he does respond to it he will screech whenever I go into other room because he knows I can hear him, but for his father he'll make movement front of him and watching at him, talking, waiting for him to look at him because he knows his dad cannot hear, its pretty amaze to see how he tries to communicate with one of us okay ill shut up I've blabbed long enough lol
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

I think that's awesome! I wish I had learned to sign so I could communicate with Elias. I think he may be a late talker (he's still young) But I know he understands alot!!!

I am Cindy (25) DH (27) Elias (14 months) TTC#2 since Aug/Sep. Welcome!!!
January 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
hollyfrancis's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to hollyfrancis Send a message via Yahoo to hollyfrancis
welcome to the site. I just recently joined also, and so far i like it a lot and hopefully you well too.
January 9th, 2005, 05:08 PM
mommywishes
Welcome. My name is Amy 27 and DH 29. We are TTC number 1. We have been trying for about 5 cycles. This is our 6th.

How fast did you get pregnant with the first?
January 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
dawn1979
Welcome to the boards!! We love Newbies! We are a great support group.
Make yourself at home..
January 9th, 2005, 07:52 PM
JaecobsMommie's Avatar Veteran
Welcome, welcome!!! Many (too many to admit to) years ago I taught myself how to sign the alphabet, and I learned several songs in sign language (and signed them whenever we'd sing them in school) But in my son's private school (he's 4) they teach the letter of the day to them on paper, how to write the letter, what it sounds like AND how it's signed. I love it!!!! Now whenever we're sitting around not doing too much I'll sign the alphabet and he'll start singing it. It's amazing how much children learn.

TONS OF BABY DUST coming your way!!!!! Again, welcome, glad to have you here!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7f2bc">
</a>
January 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I think that's awesome! I wish I had learned to sign so I could communicate with Elias. I think he may be a late talker (he's still young) But I know he understands alot!!!

I am Cindy (25) DH (27) Elias (14 months) TTC#2 since Aug/Sep. Welcome!!!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/quote]

it is never too late to learn sign language, just look as like this, if your son didn't want to say something in front of people u and him always can have a secret code telling each other in sign language u know? Heck its never too late :-D
*baby dust all around!*
January 10th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by hollyfrancis@Jan 9 2005, 06:58 PM
welcome to the site. I just recently joined also, and so far i like it a lot and hopefully you well too.
[/quote]

Thanks! I like it too :-D
*baby dust all around!*
January 10th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mommywishes@Jan 9 2005, 07:08 PM
Welcome.* My name is Amy 27 and DH 29.* We are TTC number 1.* We have been trying for about 5 cycles.* This is our 6th.*

How fast did you get pregnant with the first?
[/quote]

It took us maybe two months, was not planned at all actually I call my son miracle baby, I got in bad car accident on aug 31st, and in oct I got pregnant and found out in nov so I'm lucky to be alive and be here to have my beautiful son :-)
*baby dust all around!*
January 10th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dawn1979@Jan 9 2005, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the boards!! We love Newbies! We are a great support group.
Make yourself at home..
[/quote]

*baby dust all around!*
January 10th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JaecobsMommie@Jan 9 2005, 09:52 PM
Welcome, welcome!!! Many (too many to admit to) years ago I taught myself how to sign the alphabet, and I learned several songs in sign language (and signed them whenever we'd sing them in school) But in my son's private school (he's 4) they teach the letter of the day to them on paper, how to write the letter, what it sounds like AND how it's signed. I love it!!!! Now whenever we're sitting around not doing too much I'll sign the alphabet and he'll start singing it. It's amazing how much children learn.

TONS OF BABY DUST coming your way!!!!! Again, welcome, glad to have you here!
[/quote]

Awww that's awesome! Glad someone's learning sign language, we need more of that, I'm getting tired of pen and paper LOL! :-D
*baby dust all around!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search