My opk line is getting lighter instead of darker

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools

September 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering why my line seems to be getting lighter instead of darker on the opk's? I have been testing for 4 days now and it was darker 2 days ago but still not positive. Does this matter? I should be oing anyday now and have not had o pains or ewcm yet either so I couldnt of possible oed early.

Brandi

September 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Well when did you test? Once a day or twice?

Usually my OPK will be close to positive in the AM & at night it will be positive, then in the AM negative again..

September 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Well when did you test? Once a day or twice?

Usually my OPK will be close to positive in the AM & at night it will be positive, then in the AM negative again..[/b]
I have been testing in the evening. Today I did test around 2 or so though. Maybe I should test again tonight. I know I couldnt of missed it because this is only cd 11 and I normally dont o until 12 or 13 and I always get EWCM and o pain. Havent had that yet.

September 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so funny. I was coming on there to ask just about the same question, and then I saw yours! I am DC 11 and this is my first month using OPK's. I have a 33 day cycle and my OPK lines have been getting lighter to almost completely gone every day. I do not believe that I have Oed yet. I only test at around 5 every day. Should I start testing twice a day?

Oops, I forgot to add my advice to you. I say don't worry about the OPK's...you obviously know your body, so I say that you should get to baby dancing

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!

September 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
lilflower
The amount of LH in your body fluctuates on a daily basis...and it's just like taking a pregnancy test sort of...the more concentrated your pee is the more accurate it is. My opks look really funny when I line them up they go light to dark to light to dark to light to nonexistant to light to POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Quote:
The amount of LH in your body fluctuates on a daily basis...and it's just like taking a pregnancy test sort of...the more concentrated your pee is the more accurate it is. My opks look really funny when I line them up they go light to dark to light to dark to light to nonexistant to light to POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Ok, that makes me feel better. Thank you so much.

Brandi

September 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
go to www.peeonastick.com and look up opks. she tells you all about them.

yes LH does go up and down from day to day. but here is my experience. i can get a dark opk one day (not yet positive though) and the next day have a very very light one. but WHEN i get my positive LH surge, it doesn't matter how long i hold my pee or how concentrated it is, it turns positive and the test line turns dark before the control line. so it is possible to have a dark line one day and light line the next day. actually it's not only possible, it's likely!!! i usually get my pos around 8pm, but it is still positive in the morning too.

good luck girl!

September 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
lilflower
I know that it's frustrating, I seriously had sex like everyday for 10 days because I thought I was Oing and then Oing and Oing again, until about 7 months passed with me getting the same pattern of OPKs.

You are going to catch your eggie!!!!!!!!!!

September 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
good luck you will catch your eggie!

September 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My OPKs do that every month. They start to get dark and then they get light again before I acctually get a positive. Just keep on testing, you'll get your positive. But, the closer you get to Oing you may want to test twice a day to make sure you don't miss your surge. Good luck!

September 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
my friend was told, that you are suppose to use afternoon urine, and when you get an almost postive but not quite, to retest in a few hours, as it can be only about a 4 hour window.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 27th, 2008, 08:56 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
When I get a close to positive I have to start testing 3 times a day or I miss my surge.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!

September 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
lilflower
I can miss my surge if not careful...i test 2x a day as it is, but have to 3 or 4 times during the time I know/think/assume O is supposed to happen...

September 28th, 2008, 06:43 AM
nelson1229's Avatar Super Mommy
gl i hope you catch the eggie!!

Topic Tools