how long has everyone been TTC and what's the average time?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
wwwdotdawn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Curious.... At 35, 40 pounds overweight and this being my first TTC I assume my chances of really being pregnant are not as high as I hope. So as I float back down to reality I am wondering...

How long has everyone being trying?

January 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
marie2001
I never know how to answer that question....

We started trying in November 2004. After 8 mos, we got our BFP, but miscarried in July 2005. Since then, we've tried for 4 cycles. So, some would say we've been trying for 4 mos, others would say 14 mos. All I know is that I am tired of waiting and want my STICKY BFP now. Pretty please?
January 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think i'm going into cycle 8? I can't remember but i know it's been to long!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

January 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
I would say at this point 4 cycles. Either way I know each person and their circumstances are very unique. Without much knowledge I really thought I could get pregnant right away. I mean AF is not due for 4-7 more days but I am trying not to be so impatient about this. Plus I assume my age can't help.

January 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We started TTC in August... got a BFP in November... m/c in December, and will start TTC once AF arrives... (hopefully later this month). So in ALL... 5 months??? They say it TYPICALLY takes 3-6 months to conceive (which is how long it took us to get the first BFP... 3 months).

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

January 3rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Quote:
We started TTC in August... got a BFP in November... m/c in December, and will start TTC once AF arrives... (hopefully later this month). So in ALL... 5 months??? They say it TYPICALLY takes 3-6 months to conceive (which is how long it took us to get the first BFP... 3 months).</span>[/b]

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">ok that's a realistic goal for me. I hope within 3 months Hell I hope in 3 days but 3 months is a good number to have in the back of my mind. Hopefully it will happen and stick for ALL of us

January 3rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dawnn,
I think everyone is so different but I compare too. It seems like everyone I know got pregnant on their first cycle. My sister got pregnant on the first cycle each time with each of her three kids....
As for me, we are in month 6 and cycle 4. I have a doctor appt. on the 11th to see what , if anything, is going on with my body.
Good Luck to you.
January 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Veteran
We've only been TRYING for 2 cycles- but stopped "preventing" about 6 months ago.

My sister also got pregnant her first month of trying (she's 32 and pregnant with her first , I'm 27 and TTC #2)

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/ftworthbutterfly" target="_blank">

<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check me out!</font></a>

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
January 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
My DH and I are both 25, and we're on our 6th month TTC our first. So, if it takes a couple an average of 3-6 months to conceive, then this should be it no? I hope so. AF is still visiting, so, we're really really, really going to try this time aroudn

January 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're on cycle 3. I'm 23, dh is 26 and this will be our first. I don't have a good feeling about this month but we'll see....

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

January 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is our 19th mth of TTC our 1st child.
So that 3-6mth thing is c##p!!
I am 24 and DB is 43.
This will be a first for us both when i get pg,
And we have both been tested and have no issues

So good luck guys but dont take things as red(except Af )

Whats gonna be is gonna be i guess...

Sarah xx
January 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
We are on cycle #4 of TTC. But we were not "preventing" either for 2 months b4 that. I swear everyone around me gets pregnant on the first cycle except me!!!! Hoping this time around will be it!!! Good luck!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

January 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
tinafrank's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we're on cycle 1. Me and DH are both 25, also, same as you, Rodi! I'm accepting that I won't get pregnant until May or June just as a fact. We weren't going to start trying until May, so I figure if it comes before that, I'll be happy, and if not, I'll just believe God has a different plan for us.

p.s. Kellycstone, your little girl is absolutely gorgeous. I want a boy, but if I knew a girl would look that cute, I'd probably switch my mind.
January 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Super Mommy
This is our 6th month TTC. DH is 36 and I'm 32. It will be DH's 4th child and my (our) second.

Jenn

Jenn-----Loving mom to Spencer and Savannah
January 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Lisa P.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A hard question to answer for me as well. We thought it would be great to become parents in Jauary of 2004. Had a m/c in March of 2004. Barely had a chance to get used to the idea and the angel was gone. Anyway started actively trying a few months after the m/c and was temping each day (although I didn't really have a clue what I was doing). Both were tested in the fall of 2004 and we're fine. Then we got engaged and decided to cool it until after the wedding. Since I read tcoyf this is my 5th cycle of charting. I think my time is coming!!!!
I'll be 30 on the 16th, DH is 37. One son 12(not DH's) conceived my first time. oh the irony.
January 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 26 and dh is almost 30 and we are ttc our 2nd child. Our ds is almost 6. This is cycle #3 for us. We only have really "tried" this month and I'm on CD 37 with no AF in sight so maybe I'll be lucky number 3. With ds I got pg the first month so I too really thought that would happen again but it didn't. Whenever it happens it happens, no real big deal to me. I'm so lucky and happy to have ds that a 2nd will be a big bonus if it happens!!!!!!!! I've heard 3-6 months is average for a BFP and sometimes longer if you've been on birth control, some people it takes awhile to adjust after the pill, I didn't have issues with it last time and this time I have.
January 3rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
AGEESMOMMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AGEESMOMMY
Quote:
I am 26 and dh is almost 30 and we are ttc our 2nd child. Our ds is almost 6. This is cycle #3 for us. We only have really "tried" this month and I'm on CD 37 with no AF in sight so maybe I'll be lucky number 3. With ds I got pg the first month so I too really thought that would happen again but it didn't. Whenever it happens it happens, no real big deal to me. I'm so lucky and happy to have ds that a 2nd will be a big bonus if it happens!!!!!!!! I've heard 3-6 months is average for a BFP and sometimes longer if you've been on birth control, some people it takes awhile to adjust after the pill, I didn't have issues with it last time and this time I have.[/b]
i am 31 (today) and my DH is 34 we are TTC our second going on the third cycle... i think the more you try the better you get..LOL (maybe) and it will happen... hope this month!!!!
January 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MelodyS
I've seen a couple ladies post on here that it takes an average healthy couple 3-6 months to conceive. This is simply not true. All literature clearly states that it takes on average 6-12 months for a healthy couple who are ACTIVELY trying. I just thought I would post this so that noone gets unrealistic expectations. It can take time.

January 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
diane66
I'm going on my 8th cycle. I'm 33 and dh is 32.
My gyn tells me average is 6-12 months but I think she tells me that just to make me feel better.

Quote:
I've seen a couple ladies post on here that it takes an average healthy couple 3-6 months to conceive. This is simply not true. All literature clearly states that it takes on average 6-12 months for a healthy couple who are ACTIVELY trying. I just thought I would post this so that noone gets unrealistic expectations. It can take time.[/b]
Hee Hee thanks Mel! Look at what I posted the same time you did!
January 3rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
angelmwilson
I have been trying for 7 cycles but since mine are so so long its probebly been right at or maybe over a year. GRRRR

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search